Pages

Monday, August 24, 2020

Domino My Hurricane Dog-My Heart -Gotcha Story

Hello and Welcome.  Today I am sharing all about Domino.  She is a sweet and special girl







First I'll share first pic's  . . .


Visiting at the shelter

 
This is the first pic and the day we chose her.  I am super happy.  I am not sure how she feels yet.

On the drive home.  The Cowboy had to work so it was just the two of us.  
Before I picked her up I stopped for food.  They gave me gallon ziplock of what she was eating.  I like Beneful so that is what we started her on.  I got some burger type food as a treat and for training.  Since she was a shelter dog we did not know what to expect.
She looked happy on her first tour of the backyard.
We were told at the shelter Domino was 1 1/2.  After a short time we began to wonder . . . 



 
. . . when she began chewing on things like my sweater that was laying on the bed.  One day it was the bed sheet.  I had left for work and the Cowboy was still in bed.  He didn't make the bed. 
Domino had a habit of getting in the bed with daddy when I left for work. 

And another day it was her bed/mat from the crate.  I consider this my fault.  I noticed a tiny corner was coming un-sewn and didn't fix it.  I came home from work to this.  

We googled about dogs that chew and learned she needed lots of toys.  
The thing was she didn't know what to do with them.  So we began putting some Peanut Butter on them.  She started picking them up and a few she would chew on.  

A favorite toy she managed to take outside . . . 
Eventually she managed to get them all outside.  She began taking them one by one to the door.  Once they were all outside she played and played with them running around the yard.  Chewing on some.  On others she just would run and toss in the air.  

Once they were outside she never chewed on anything in the house again.  
But
then the thunder rolled!
The Cowboy has a saying 'Shaking lie a chicken in winter.'  That was Domino.  She was so afraid of rain and thunder.  She would shake and shake and cry.   I remembered seeing Thunder Shirts at a vet's office when I was applying for a job.  Not one to spend money frivolously I googled it and found out how to make one. 


Pics of the first day with the D.I.Y. Thunder shirt and the D.I.Y.
Kong.  I eventually bought a Kong but on this day I was in a pinch.  Poor sweet girl was running from room to room and panting and drooling during a big storm.  This would go on and on and on.

And then she was almost like a seizure dog that would just lay and chill after an episode.  

And then the weather would pass and all would be peaceful!
And the fun started!

The parade comes right by our house!

We got Domino shortly before Homecoming.  The parade goes down  by the end of our street.  She loved it especial when someone gave her 'Cookies'


Domino loves to sleep on our bed.  I guess I trained her because when I would leave for work I put her back to bed with daddy. 


And when I came home this is where she would be waiting on me.

For our first outing I wanted to check out the D.I.Y. bathing station at Pet Co.  It is only a short drive from our home.  But the day we went there was an another event going on and I couldn't find a parking space.  As I left guess what I saw!  


Santa had come to town just for Domino and the other 12 or so dogs waiting in line.  But even though I was not real sure about her and she was just learning to walk on a leash I was determined!
She was perfect BTW
Merry Christmas Domino!


She is such a sweet dog.  She loves to play outside and when we come in she goes/went right to her bed for a nap. 

Domino is very social.  We have chain link fence on 1 side and across the gate.  The neighbors house isn't fenced across the front so she can see out the sides at the street and all the dogs on walk as they pass by. 



One of her favorites times is looking out the window while I sew or make Junk Journals.

She loves it when daddy cooks ribs because she gets a bone.

And she is sweet and loves people . . . 

 
Domino tried to get MaMa to pet her.  MaMa isn't much into dogs.  Never was go figure . . . 

She did like the sparkly one Domino brought her for Valentine's Day.

We did finally manage that bath . . . 
 
Domino wasn't so enchanted but whatever MaMa asks.  She is a good girl . . .

She waits patiently if I am being slow in the kitchen . . . 


She chills in the yard  . . . 

And waits patiently while I read a book!

Meeting family from Missouri!

I think she was a bit sad when they left!

Domino has my heart.
It seemed like a looong time I waited for her.
But it was worth it!


We had a few challenges in the early days.  But Domino is a pleaser.  All she wants is to make me happy.  She is always near me and waiting for a pet and a hug. 

I am Thankful God brought Domino into my life. 
She has my heart.

Come back tomorrow for more Dog themed posts 
and on Friday to hear Lola's story

Happy Dog Days Of Summer!
Did you see the Dog Days Of Summer featured post?
Click here

Thanks for visiting. Come again soon!

.

I'll be posting 2 posts everyday.  Each day will feature a different book.  The featured posts will included Domino and Lola's 
'Gotcha' stories.  I'll feature 2 days of crafts and a day featuring why my dogs don't eat Kibble. 

Happy Friday All!

Thanks for stopping in.

Have a Wonderful Week 





I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons may be on the bottom of the page





New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life




 t



1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

You choose the perfect family, Domino! Happy National Dog Day!