Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

Foodie Friday goody Friday meals on The Rustic dinner play

Good Morning.  Welcome to Foodie Friday the day I share meals I've served this week. 
 How did your week go?  
Are you ready for the weekend? 
 I sure am.  
We had a super busy week.  But we had some good meals after a bit of struggle and putting things together the ingredients I had on hand  . . . 
Some days I manage to stick to my menu plans.  Someday's I don't.  This was one.  We got some great Chicken Thighs and Jalapeno Corn Bread. Served with Zuchini, Squash and Corn Fritters with Honey for a dipping sauce. 
We had a couple leftover Stuffed Banana Peppers and 1 Radish left.  
The Corn Fritters were so yummy.   I have never put Zuchini and Squash in them.  They turned out really good.  A little greasy but that was my fault for not having my oil the correct temp. 
A Turkey sandwich made a great lunch with a few things to crunch.
Simple meal with those left over Peppers, Ribs and a box of Mac and Cheese
We also had a few more Fritters I had some Corn and Squash's left.  I also did oven roasted Cauliflower.  I just drizzled Paul Newman's Ceasar dressing on some S&P and popped into the oven.  I put fresh Parm on the top when I served it.  
Just plain 'ole Pancakes for Breakfast
The Cowboy cooked some Ribs on the smoker.  I added Fresh Kale and leftover Pinto Beans.
This meal was much yummier than it looks.  Canned Spaghetti Sauce simmered slowly with a couple Tablespoons of Butter and fresh Basil.  I think it would have been better with Parm but the Cowboy didn't want any.  The last package of Clams from the freezer and we had Clams with Red Sauce. 

Pork Loin roasted  Mexican style with Cumin, Lime and Cilantro.
These are the stuffed Banana Peppers.  I stuffed them with Charizo and Cream Cheese.  Served with a Guacamole Chalupa.  I didn't have lettuce so I used Kale.  


I was happy to try the new stuffed Peppers.  I've never cooked Banana Peppers before. 


The one that is Orange was Yellow the day I got it.  It changed colors overnight!
The Cowboy saw a can of Clam Chowder in the cupboard and wanted it for lunch.  Served with our new favorite Saltine Crackers.

Today  I  just go went with the flow.  He wanted toast for breakfast.  Just toast. 


I had a mishap with a can of cheap Biscuits.  I had Chicken  simmering on the stove and opened the fridge for something and the Biscuits fell and the end busted open.  So.  I grabbed a carton of Chicken stock cut up the Biscuits and simmered them.  The next day I figured I would make Chicken and Dumplings 2 ways. 
One with Flour Tortillas as Dumplings and one with the Biscuits.  
The Cowboy was on the fence if he liked them.  

One of my favorite Breakfasts.  I can't get enough of Fried Potato's.  The Cowboy likes them when I dice and fry with Cumin and Paprika.    My Fried Eggs were just perfect for me.  

And so with all the craziness and the busy schedule this week I got a few decent meals served.  I need to take photo's of the before and after of the plates!  LOL.  Most days they are scraped clean.  

I will admit the Cowboy didn't eat those Snap Peas the day I served the Sandwich for lunch.  

Maybe next time. 
I hope you had a great a yummy week!
And I hope that I've inspired you to be creative in the kitchen.
Leave me a comment!


I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons may be on the bottom of the page



New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

1 comment:

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

Looks like you had a very delicious and yummy week. #HomeMattersParty