Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Foodie Friday On The Rustic Dinner Plate




Hello and Welcome to the blog.  I am posting a bit late this planned post because I had a 'Ruff' morning. 

If you need a laugh today click here to read the 'Ruff' morning post.

now let's get back to the Rustic Plate . . .in case your new
Thank you so much for coming by . . .I'll share what a 'Rustic' plate means here.  It is nothing more than a plate of food that I have served with no adornments.  No staged photo's, no cropping, no edits just 'Good 'Ole' food.  
I hope

Starting with a simple breakfast.  The Cowboy didn't feel like eggs  
For dinner I cooked Fried Chicken Strips with Waffles and fresh fruit.  We also had some Guacamole on a Tostada.  We were needing to use up the Tostado's
No pride here (clearing my throat) but I can make good Fried Chicken.  The Colonel has nothing on me.

Now when it comes to Biscuits . . . well let's just say frozen works good around here.  Better than what I can stir  up!
Sometimes The Cowboy makes odd requests.  Tamale's with can Chili (hmm) there's more Smoked Sausage. 
Now if you ask me that is just stinkin' wierd!
More of those Tostado Shells.  I think I have my days out of order.  We had lettuce earlier in the week to make a proper Chalupa.  I love them at my Favorite Mexican 
Restaurant.  They just don't taste the same at home.
Back to Breakfast.  Now you know why he was tired of Eggs.  These are overcooked.  But the Hash made from leftover Roast was really good.
We eat alot of fresh Fruit and Veggies and run out alot so we took a trip to the store.  We were tired when we came
home so we had simple Hot Dogs . . .The Cowboys ruined his diet on this one but he loved it.
A surprisingly simple meal of pan seared Trout, Angel Hair Pasta and a Ceasar Salad
And look at those Croutons.  House made from the extra Hot Dog buns.  The Cowboy only eats Croutons on Ceasar Salad (did mention he has wierd taste's like Saltines with Fried Rice . . .just wierd)


Guess what lunch was on Tuesday

We have an appetizer of Fresh Tuna at almost every meal.  Today the Cowoboy had a larger cold plate because the rest of the meal was simple.
A simple bowl of Clam Chowder.  Super simple to make and he loves my recipe.  😊😇

Fried Chicken twice in 1 week.  Crazy but I aim to please.
The Cowboy fund 2 1/2# fryers a couple weeks ago.  He says they make better Fried Chicken.  He must know he was in the business for 30 years!  Served with box AuGratin Potatoe's.


I served these withe Beans and The Cowboy smoked Ribs. The Ribs and Beans  were a home run.
 The Potatoes struck out. 
I was thinking simple I had done so many labor intensive meals already this week.  Wrong move.  
                          They were not a keeper. 
In my defense I did not buy them and I was being Frugal and Thankful to receive them at the Food Pantry.
I am thinking a different prep might be o.k.  We shall see if we get more.
I warned you no fancy photo's here.  But the food was super yummy.   The Cowboy smoked the Ribs I made so yummy Beans here is how I did it.

Fast Cowboy Beans
On Wednesday night I started with 4 Sweet Peppers
I cut two open and stuffed them with Garlic
Then I took a med Onion and cut it in quartes.
I took 3/4 (saved the last 1/4 and diced for tomorrow)and put it in a bowl with the Peppers.  I drizzled Olive Oil all over then I sprinkled with Penderry's Sante Fe seasoning.  I then let it all sit a bit while my grill pan got hot then I cooked it all in the oven.
When it was all done and cooled I but in a frig bowl and poured the leftover Salsa from Taco Casa over it all and 1/2 of a Cornoa Beer  and left it overnight.
The next day I got my Beans ready.
3 cans Beans.  I used 

I poured each can into my Spaghetti pot and added 3 1/2 cans water.  I just filled each can with water to get all the juice out.
Then I got 3 slices of Salt Pork and diced it and seared in a skllet with the rest of the onion I chopped the day before.
Everything got dumped in the pot and simmer a couple hours.   

These Beans were so good.  They were all cooked tender and had just enough spice flavor.

If you get a chance try my Bean recipe.
I would love to hear if you like it.
Leave a comment!


A week (almost) of yummy meals.  It's Friday and I am thinking Pizza.  So much for my menu plans.  Come back
on Monday to see how did sticking to the menu!

Bon Appetit!




 Linking to a few parties

Click Here to visit the party


Visit the party over Here


Here's  the party

No comments: