Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Meet And Greet Monday Part 1

Image result for monday
 And
Welcome Friends
I was thinking about doing something a little different today. 
And, then I read the morning email from Grammy's Grid and was inspired to join her for Meet and Greet Monday.  
Image result for monday

I always find the cutest photo's and graphics when I google a topic.
I usually add some in my posts if I don't have a lot of personal photos.  Which sadly happens too often.  But actually most of the time they are cuter than what I can supply.

So a little about myself and my blog (s) 
My Reading Journeys. (book reviews) Click here
Our Holiday Journey (link party) Click here

I began My Journey Back (your are here) way back in 2006. 
I first became acquainted with blogs when I stumbled onto 
BooMama's Christmas tour. 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
                                         Click here
 It was New Years Day. I was home alone and I was binge reading her tour (s).   I jumped in with both feet into the blog world. 
Image result for blog world
See aren't these graffic's cute?

I chose my photo and name because I was at the time in a state of exhaustion and I felt like I needed to get back to 'me'.  
I had spent 6 years in full-time ministry.  I loved the ministry. 
                                     
We taught at-risk and incarcerated teen age girls to sew.  We made quilts and donated them to charity.  I loved this ministry.
 I just didn't love the failure at the end.  When funding dried up so did the ministry.  That's another story to share at another time.
     
gosh I was so skinny.  What happened?
This is me back then at one of our last fundrasing lunches.
If your interested visit Missionphotos.blogspot.com
Sadly the doors closed . . . 
And so with a broken heart and shattered dreams
Image result for god is close to the brokenhearted
 I began ever so humbly sharing my day and my life here at 
My Journey Back
                     The name came from me wanting myself back.  
The long name came from My Journey Back wasn't available. 
And actually I think it works because it has been a journey back to me.   
Image result for happy
I was am Happy with my blog.  It makes made me smile.  After 
awhile I decided I wanted to be a blessing to anyone who might stumble onto and join my journey so I tried to be a Blessing to anyone who came over.  

I found a wonderful blog that shared a Tuesday link party called Titus Tuesday.  I began writing and sharing encouraging posts. 
Click here to read one. (the one bad thing about google images sometimes they disappear)  I wrote this post to encourage anyone feeling tired and worn out as a mom.  I have a label on my sidebar Titus Tuesday. 

In fact I have a lot of labels.  If you look you can see I write about alot of things.  I have joined lots of different blog parties.  
That is why I have on my header 
Welcome to my crazy chaotic life
I do tend to write about too many things.  Maybe your head is spinning.  I hope not!  

I do feel like I am a bit eclectic.  I have waaay tooo many interests.   I find way to many hobbies to keep me too busy. 
So many that I put some of my favorites on the back burner for too long.  I need to dust off my sewing machine and get my sewing room in order before . . .
                                                         My Closet Sewing Space Tour
Time flies.  I cannot believe I have been doing this party for so long!   This cute button is on my sidebar with a link to my post.
I hope you've enjoyed getting to see a little bit of how my blog started.  

I hope you'll come over and share your posts at 

                                           
Click here

In June I hope you'll come back here and join the June/July party.
The party begins here at My Journey Back 
on Thursday
Remember way back at the beginning of this post I mentioned I began blogging after finding Boo Mama's Christmas tour?

I am still partying!  And now I am joining the parties.  

Here's a few I am linking with today.
Grammy's Grid, Create w/ Joy, The Art of Homemaking, Share Your Cup, Let's Be Social, Make It Pretty Monday, Dagmar's House
  There are a lot more great parties to visit and join on my parties page! 
Happy Memorial Day








No comments: