Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

What I am Reading . . .

"It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list."
This is a new meme I found and decided I wanted to join so I could share with you some of the books I am reading.   Go here to join!

Each Monday I'll be talking about books.  I will also be continuing my Mission 4 Monday posts separately so come by and look for those posts too. 
And so on with the books. 

Currently I am reading Beside Still Waters by Tracia Goyer this book is based on a true story. It isn't even dated for release 'til April 15th!  So if you stay posted I will give you a sneak preview here!   I will be posting a review soon.   Here's the cover image. 



And next on my list I know you'll be excited to read too is by Lisa Terkeurst.  I bet you know her from The Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Her new book Made to Crave is next on my list to read. 


And it was in my mailbox today along with these . . .




Looks like I will be cuddling up on the couch and becoming a bit of a potato for a few days.  These are my favorite types of books.  I can't believe I was Blessed enough to get them all!  I need some down time!  Reading is a simple pleasure for me.  When I can't get to the sewing machine it's a book I grab to unwind. 
How about you?   Oh opp's that's not the question I am supposed to ask it should be
So what are you reading?
And, if you happen to be interested in other types of fiction check out my blog that is devoted only to books.  Go over here to check out my book blog.   I hope you'll come back each Monday and check out what I am reading and what I found in my mail box too! 

And everyday you'll find the verse that I am working on.  I'll be posting the same verse until I have it memorized.  Here's the one I am working on now. 

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us. 
Yes Lord establish the work of my hands.
Psalm 90:17

It is my prayer that the work I do is the work that God wants me to do. 

2 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Looks like you've gotten some great books! I am thinking about purchasing Made to Crave. It looks like a great book.

Take care my friend!
Hope you have a great week!

Carla said...

Fun fun fun! I love a clean novel! Have fun!!
Guess what I am reading?
Job.
Yep, Job.
Hubby is leading us in reading and praying EVERY night. I'm in heaven!! Lead on hubby, lead on!!