Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Titus 2days with Time Warp Wife . . .

Welcome to my blog today.  For awhile I have been writing on Tuesday about being a Titus 2 Woman.  And then the other day I stumbled into Darlene's blog and found that she gathers other 'wanna be' Titus women together on Tuesday.  So I'll I decided to join the party!
Today I wanted to share with you something I did last year and invite you to join me this year.

I am interested in what you do as 'date night' with your husband, fiancee or boyfriend.  My Cowboy and I have been married for over 30 years.  And, we are in full-time ministry.  Most of the time I hate to admit we neglect not only ourselves but each other.  And; so, I need your help.  Would you post about what you and your man do on 'date night' or afternoon or morning.  Whatever.  It doesn't matter if it is a fancy evening out.  Or just a romantic evening in.  Or an afternoon spent taking a walk or shopping together. So would ya write a post and then let me know?  And, maybe just maybe your post might encourage someone else!
And, to join Darlene click here

Thanks for stopping in and thanks for joining me on . . . Friday Date Night.

May the favor of the Lord our God be upon us. 
Establish the work of our hands. Yes Lord, establish the work of our hands.  Psalm 90:17





4 comments:

Jessa said...

We keep it spontaneous. Sometimes just shopping, sometimes a movie. Often we decide in the car on the way once we have dropped off the kids. Going early so that things are still open is important. I think our last one we went to Home depot to pick out a new bathroom sink. Which I know doesn't sound romantic, but somehow it was. GL to you!

happyhome said...

hi I thought i would stop by and leave a comment. what do me and my hubby do for "date night"? well, we have 5 kids almost 6 so we have limited alone time, but we do try and do something every now and then! We usually like to go out and have a nice meal! It always depends on what we are in the mood to eat, but that is our typical date night. A Nice meal out alone to talk and just be a couple is always nice! be blessed!

Christine said...

Hi Sherry! Thanks for stopping by! My husband and I are musicians so he often has to work nights and weekends. We try to have date nights "in". We get take out (save on babysitting), light a fire, get a bottle of wine, put on some nice music and just enjoy each other's company and chat. Kids must stay in bed! :)

Missy said...

We have spent years in ministry and for some reason that is when it seemed to be the hardest to get away! When we would plan it, we would drop the kids off with his parents and sneak out to dinner, then pick them up on the way home. This way were not overburdening his parents but still got to take advantage of "free babysitting". As we are having more children this seems to be getting more difficult to pull of :-)