Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Happy Thankful Thursday . . .
Today I want to share with you something I shared on Monday. 
I am thankful for . . .


I am thankful for the founders Donald and Cindy
I am thankful today the first boy comes to Hope Inn Christ
I am thankful for the vision of everyone connected with Hope Inn Christ and I am thankful that they stepped out and didn't give up and made Hope Inn Christ a reality
I am thankful that we get to provide the food and we are allowed the opportunity to be a part of this great ministry

And I am thankful for two other friends that have stepped out in faith and are beginning an apartment ministry.  This guys Rick & Vicki saw a huge need and left their comfortable home and neighborhood and have moved into an apartment complex that most of us wouldn't dream of even visiting someone there. 

As I think of the work that I do and I am sure that there are those that think I am nuts (my Cowboy and I are chaplains in a youth prison) I am humbled by what Rick and Vicki have done.  My Cowboy and I are in apartment ministry also.  I understand all the struggles and trials that Rick and Vicki will be faced with. 

But I also know and understand about the need that is out there that is not met. 

And so today I am thankful for all the men and women that step up and step out and follow God and take a minute to look around them and notice that there is need right here in our own hometown.

Thank you God for Donald,Cindy,Rick and Vicki.

For info. about Hope Inn Christ please visit our ministry blog and watch the video and then follow the link to thier site.  Click here

May the favor of the Lord our God rest up on us.
Establish the work of our hands. Yes, Lord establish the work
of our hands.  Psalm 90:17

May you find something to be thakful for today . . .

9 comments:

Heather Hart said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for!

Pamela said...

I call it sheltering others. God has so many special people doing His work around the world. I stand amazed and humbled. Such good things you are thankful for.

Jessica Kramasz said...

New ministries are such a blessing!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm so amazed at people who take steps of faith for God. May we all be that bold.

Blessings to you my friend!

Nancie said...

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, I do know you and it is indeed so good to be in touch again. I have not been blogging regularly and have lost touch with quite a number of bloggers. Thanks for your visit and words of encouragements.

I am so glad you are serving God in such a wonderful ministry to needy. Keep up your good work for our Lord! May God continue to bless you and the team that is doing this great work. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Anonymous said...

May the Lord continue to favor and strengthen you as you do the ministry that He entrusted to you, it's indeed a privilege to be part of His kingdom

Karen said...

So much to be thankful for! God bless these ministries!

Trish said...

Ministries really are great blessings. God bless you more! :)

Anonymous said...

Praise God for these ministries.
They are soooo needed!
God bless you.