Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Titus Women

Today/Tonight I am reposting something I wrote way back in 2008. Earlier I was doing some cleaning here and I ran across this post. And since I am so late today posting I thought well why not redo this one. It actually speaks of what I hope that the new Titus 2 Woman posts is all about. Use girls helping each other. Us older more mature (in years) women helping the younger women.
I hope you enjoy!

Tackle it Tuesday A New Project
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11 (NIV)

I believe he uses us to encourage one another. Just as the Two Mom's over at Tackle it Tuesday have encouraged so many in the areas of organization and mommy tips etc.
I want to Tackle Tuesday by encouraging you too.Today I want to begin a new weekly Tackle it Tuesday project.
I want to share with you what God has placed on my heart or what I learned each week. It might be a devotional, a verse, a tip who knows.

But it is meant to help you and encourage you. And possibly help you maybe be a Happy Momma or make your baby Happy or help you have a Happy Husband.

Today I want to share what I read this week in 15 Minutes with God by Emalie Barnes.
This particular devo. talked about telling and showing your children you love them.

I know your thinking well I am a SAHM. We take our children to church. Or maybe your thinking it's too late my kids are older they aren't babies little children anymore.

Here is a little of the devo. "Oh look,Daddy,I catched it!" That's good boy get ready for another make more and dad proud of the next one. "Look,Daddy I am only 8 and I can through faster than anyone on the team. Yea but you gotta work on your batting. You can't play in the big league if you can't hit. "Look, Dad I am sixteen and...." Yea but you need to."Although not meant to these conversations were not edifying or building up the boy.I know these are a bit of an exaggeration. But a point is being made here. Emalie went on to tell of a story about a father frustrated because his son wasn't into to sports. But instead was into motocross. The dad wasn't into out doorsy things or getting dirty or dust etc. He went to their pastor asking him what to do.The pastor wisely told him. "How much do you love your son? Enough to get grease on your hands?"

Sometimes we get so busy 'taking them to church' or 'grading papers or planning lessons' or 'cooking dinner'. That we forget why we are actually doing all that. Sometimes maybe our husbands didn't have fathers that were daddy's and they don't know how to be a Daddy like in Emalie's first example.

Do you show your children by your actions that you love them? Or are you just busy running around and taking them to games and practises and driving home thinking about what you are going to cook for dinner.Or; do you say to your son "Wow that was a great game I saw how you hit the ball. And I saw how you clapped for your team. And I saw how ..."

Emalie suggests thoughts for action:
* Write your child a love note or draw a picture for a young child
* Spend one on one time with each child
* Put a note on your calendar to remind yourself to do the above again nextweek.

I hope you all have a great week. I hope that you are able to Tackle your own projects today. And I hope in some way that what I have shared will be a Blessing to you.

Have a Blessed week and I hope your days are filled with happiness.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

Entertaining Women said...

Lead a Bible Study some years ago called "Spiritual Mothering" by Susan Hunt (if I remember the author's name correctly). It was a marvelous study based on scripture from Titus. Thought that you might enjoy it, too. Thanks for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay