Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Review--Stay by Allie Larkin

Disclaimer #1. Right here at the beginning . . . Just because the dog on the cover looks exactly like my Daisy I is not why I am giving this book a 5 star rating and an 'I loved it!'
Disclaimer #2. And the author only asked me to review not say something nice about it.
BTW . . . I read it in just a couple of days. Now understand if I hadn't had such a busy weekend I probably would have read it in a few hours . . .

. . . Now does that face not just draw you in. Whoever thought of the cover was genius I have to say. Yes this was one that I enjoyed from cover to cover and I have to ask 'Miss Allie' when do we get to read book two? I know that there just has to be much more to come. Especially since 'Van's and Joe's story had such a happy ending there must be more! You know maybe a 'girl friend for Joe! Can't you just see Allie with a bunch of Joe puppies! Opp's sorry...just a thought.

I am not even going to give too much away about the story. You can go to Amazon and buy it and you can go to the author's site too for nore info. I found a few comments there.

Feel-good debut novel…
People Magazine
Larkin makes writing look easy… Stay has everything a summer read needs: humor, heart -- and, endearingly, buckets of dog slobber.
The Miami Herald
A charming tale of love, loss, discovery, and healing.
Modern Dog Fall 2010

What I really liked about the book . . . 1. It was easy to read. 2. The characters were fun and you were pulled into their stories. (Although I personally thought a couple were jerks in the way they treated Allie but they redeemed themselves)3. It was a fun sweet story. I love a good novel and I especially like happy endings.

What you 'might not like' . . . Because I love my faithful followers I have to share one thing about the book that might bother you. There are a couple of places where there is some language that you might find offensive. It didn't bother me at all. In fact I thought it made it more real. Van the main character is a little like me at times and probably alot like the rest of us and during 'high stress' situations sometimes not such pretty words just happen to slip out. I mean who could blame her when the dog has a big accident on the floor. I mean Joe is a big dog!

I really enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to read more from Allie Larkin. Here's a photo of the author and her dog
These guys are just too cute. And yes my dog could be a relative! I'll have to take a photo of us so you can compare. (I'm not as cute though!)

BTW I am going over to Barnes and Noble to buy a copy for my sister! You can also pick one up at Borders or Amazon

1 comment:

Farming On Faith said...

OH HOW FUN~ wished I had not missed this one.YOu have a blessed day~ FRIEND!