Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday Sept. 30, 2010


Today I am thankful that even though blogger messes with my mind I know that my God is in control and that he supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory.

Last night I sent an email to a sweet sister that I met through WFW yesterday.  She is struggling with a few things right now and I wanted to encourage her.  One of the things I shared with her was that this has been the absolute hardest year of my life.    It has taken every ounce of strength that I could beg our Savior to provide.   It has taken every word that the Holy Spirit could speak for me because there have been times that I have been so spiritually confused that I had no idea how to pray.    There have been times that I have wondered things that I feel guilty to even speak or write here.   And, I won't because here what I desire to write is only words of encouragement.  It has taken every ounce of strength I could muster not to write out the pain I have felt for the last 8 and 1/2 months. 

But today I am here to tell you that God is good and God is faithful.  And I believe and trust these words more than ever now . . .

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord,
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways."

In some ways today I am just as confused as I have been because God is working in our lives and in our ministry.  I am joyful and anticipating bountiful Blessings but I am confused because I have no idea what is going to be happening next.  I wait.  I trust.  And I give Thanks for our God supplies.  Our God hears.  And our God loves.

Thankful Thursday is hosted by Iris click here to go to todays post and linky.

4 comments:

eph2810 said...

Honestly, there are times that I wonder where the journey leads. But knowing God through His faithfulness, I can be certain that the journey will end seeing Him face-to-face. In the meantime I have to trust Him that everything happens for His glory.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

pam said...

I LOVE when God and I can work me through the realities of life to find the place of peace with Him. Such a gift...when so much can be unknown He already knows. So amazing. Pray your abiding is sweet.

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement. It is not easy being homebound and bedridden from an illness no one understands, not even the doctors. But I know the Great Physician who understands everything and I am trusting in Him to take care of me. Right now, He is choosing to do it through sweet souls like you!

I truly do appreciate your email. When I am feeling a little stronger, I will reply.

Many, many blessings, my new friend,

Teresa <><

Denise said...

Amen sweet sis.