Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

In the Craft Space-The New 'Studio'-A Peek At My Projects

 Good Morning and Welcome . . . 

. . . the door to the Studio is 

Open

I've renamed my space because I think it sounds fancy LOL.

Welcome to the Studio

I have a few projects going first a finished challenge from a my Bible Journaling FB group.  We were to make a page using paint and Q-tips as the brush . . .

Here is my finished product.  I used a page in a sketch book that I had doodled quilting patterns on.  I used the outlines that were heart shapes for my Purple Q-tip flowers.

I used my water colors an painted shades of I  horizontally across the page for the sky.  I did this after painting the grass.  In hind sight I should have painted the Blue all the way down into the grass.
This entire project was a challenge to me.  I am just learning painting.   I have never taken a class.  I just jumped on board and made some Green brush strokes to look like Grasses.  I only had 2 shades of Green.




To make Flowers from the Heart doodles I put a rubber band around 5 Q-Tips to secure them.  Then I dipped them into the paint. I had a scrap piece of paper handy because I knew I had more paint than I wanted.  I didn't want all my Flowers to too bright and vibrant.
And the painting completed on my new table.  I love having the option of a larger surface to work on.  I am 'making' myself get in the habit of cleaning up each project and putting ever thing away so my table is read for the new project.

This one is finished but I will add this verse.


  I don't like my writing so I am going to try and print the verse or practice lettering a bit before I add the verse.

And this is what is on my table now.  I am checking off my To Do list.  I have to finish this to deliver on Friday for a baby shower on Saturday.
My challenge was my daughter does not plan to use disposable diapers but the shower girls assigned me the task of making a diaper cake.  I convinced my daughter to use disposable diapers the first month or so.

I have alot to add to decorate. The top is a box form Dollar Tree that will hold bottles of lotion and Baby Sun Screen because baby Noah will go to work with Mommy.
I found these sweet books.  The ABC book because I was a Pre-school teacher.  It is a bath tub book and has a crinkly fabric.  I found it for $1.47 at Walmart. I will sew it to one one of the diapers.  The taller book came from Dollar Tree and has Bible verses.   I think it will be challenge to attach it.
My daughter wants me to sew some fabric to the back of these really thin wash cloths.  I hope to get them done this afternoon and add them to the diaper cake.
She is using Grey, Gold and Navy.  Shw painted the family Bassinet Grey.   it turned out so cute.  She is so clever!

Well that diaper cake needs to get finished!  Thanks for visiting I hope you've enjoyed a peek at my projects.
 
Have A Blessed Day!
 
Come back soon and see what I am working on!

Don't forget to leave a comment I love your visits!

Linking with my favorite parties!









New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life


3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your painting is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am as well cheerful to share
my know-how here with friends.

Cindy@CountyRoad407 said...

Looks like you've been busy! Love each project. Thank you for sharing them over at the Farmhouse Friday link party and we hope you link up again soon. Happy Fall!