Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

Foodie Friday This Week's Batch Cooking & Homemade Pizza

Welcome to Foodie Friday
We had a yummy week.  Did you?

We started the week with a yummy homemade Pizza.  I had a crust from the refrigerator section of the grocery store.  I just put it on the pan and precooked both sides then added . . .
A plain 'ole can of Tomato Sauce.  I  'kicked it up' with some 
Garlic Powder, Oregano, and Onion Powder. That's all I had in the spice drawer that was close to Italian.  
But 
Dawng!
I forgot I had this!

Haven't even tried it yet!  
Now I now what I am having for dinner!
Spaghetti!
Sorry back to the Pizza HeHe!
The Cowboy wanted plain cheese.  He can't really eat Pepperoni anymore so we don't even buy it.  I scraped the inside out of 3 Stromboli's.  I had eaten one a few days ago.  I really liked the stuffing but not the crust.  They were filled with Eggplant, Peppers and Onions.  
Yummmeeee!
I had some fresh Mozzarella we bought at that new store.  And the end of a block of Monterrey Jack.  I like the texture it goes well on Pizza.  At least I think it does. 
I sprinkled Parmesan and some Basil from the garden and popped it in the oven.  Oh so good!
The Cowboy started with 3 slices and then wanted another.  The next piece had the Peppers and Egg Plant he liked it!  He can be soooo picky sometimes!

And then for dinner I had this plan for a Pork dish.  But wouldn't you know it there were no Pork cutlets in the freezer.  Oh I have a big 'ole Pork Loin but there was no way to get it thawed at 4:00 for dinner. 


And so we had the last package of . . . 


Mussels over Angel Hair.  Not my fav. but the Cowboy likes it.  The recipe calls for Lemon Zest I actually had a Lemon!

This week I have managed to get more Breakfasts and Lunch's accepted.  I was able to convince the Cowboy he feels better if he eats good food instead an Apple and chips or Cookies.  

Both our plates.  I got the Sausage links at the new cheap store.  They were Johnsonville I think.  We had a jar of homemade Berry Jam for the Cowboys toast.  I only had Eggs and Sausage.  



On Tuesday the Cowboy woke up and said " I want Pancakes"  and so Pancakes we had!  I like this mix although we won't ever buy it unless I manage to find at Big Lots cheap.  We got it from a food pantry.  I found it at Tom Thumb (our expensive local store we were there buying .79 a dozen Eggs.) It was Hello $7.99 a bag!   Yep I am telling the truth!  I knew it would be expensive but Holy Cow!


Another lunch plate Lookie here . . . 

I just told him I am making Grilled Cheese and he complied!

The other day I thawed Hamburger and did a Batch cook.
I know it doesn't look super yummy but trust me it is worth it! 
I spreed the meat on a sheet pan and sprinkle Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, S&P and Paprika.  Then I cut Onions, Garlic and a Bell Pepper laid them on and around the meat. 

Bake in a 300 oven for 20-30 minutes and you have meat done for Taco's or Spaghetti or a Casserole.  I used a metal scrapper and pulled all the Onions, Garlic and Peppers to the side . . . 

Then I got a skillet and turned it upside down and rested the sheet pan on the skillet so the fat would ooze and drain out . . . 

I did put a piece of paper towel up next to the meat to get as much of that grease as I could out. 


If you worried about the grease you can always also put the meat in a colander and run hot water on it to get more grease out.  But you'll loose some of the flavor.  

From the oven cooked meat I prepped  . . .




Everything prepped for . . . .
Chalupa's 3 ways.  1 plain Beef, 1 Guacamole and 1 Bean and Guac. 
Topped with White Cheddar and some Cheddar, Monterey Jack blend and chopped Ice Berg Lettuce.  Salsa and Chips on the side. 



An Appetizer before the meal.  Yes this is normally how much he eats.  I slice the tuna and sprinkle with Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce, Aldi brand Mr's Dash and the dressing for the Cucumber. 

Leftover Chicken Wings for lunch.  I bribed him with the Carrot Cake Cupcake. 
Oh yummy.  We had Fried Okra. Yes Siree it was straight from the garden and it was so good.  We had Roast too.  But I could have eaten a whole plate of that Okra. 
I found some Asparagus on sale we got a couple of servings from it. I added a couple pieces of White Cheddar it was really good. 
BTW
I don't eat these Appetizer plates. 
I do eat 2 small bites of the Tuna and a piece of the Cheese when I cut it. 
I don't like Cucumbers or Raw Asparagus!

Here's the Stromboli I had the other day.  I ate just one and used the other 3 for the Pizza.

We had some really nice fruit.  It doesn't last long the Cowboy is good about eating fruit. 
And 1 more batch of that Okra to go with the last of the Pork Cutlets.  I usually do Rice with Cream Gravy and Biscuits. 


I would never buy these but they came from a pantry.  
I was tired and so hungry but the dogs needed to go out and so I ate in my Summer room and let them 'play'


My plate of Scrambled Eggs . . . 
 
I had made Banana/Applesauce Pancakes for the girls and some Scrambled Eggs.  The Cowboy can't eat Pancakes made with A.P. flour.

Another dinner plate.  Fried Shrimp we bought at the new store. It was soooo cheap I was not sure how it would be but it was great!  I was shocked the Cowboy said I cooked it perfectly.  We weren't too impressed with the Salad a Kale Chopped Salad.  I thought we would eat it better as left overs instead of Cole Slaw because Slaw 
Tuna Salad sandwiches on sliders we were out of bread used the last for the French Toast. 
The Cowboy added two packages of chips to his plate.  His 
crazy appetite just keeps me hoppin'
A quick and easy dinner of Kielbasa, Fried Potato's and Ranch Style Beans and the last of that salad with a bit of Ice Berg left from Taco's mixed in.  
The Kielbasa had been frozen I just put it in the pan as it was and sprinkled some Wright Bar B Que rub in the bottom of the pan.  Turned out great much easier clean up than the Rotissere or Grill Pan!
I'll be making a batch of Pickles.  We love the homemade ones. 


And lastly sharing a yummy meal my D.I.L. made. 

She was telling me about it and it sounded so good.  It is a very light Cream Tomato Sauce.  I'll try it soon!


Thanks for stopping in.
I hope your inspired to cook some yummy meals!
Leave a comment please


Comments are Hugs here!




I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons 

may be on the bottom of the page



New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

You got us right from the start with that pizza. yummmmmmmmmmm

Joanne said...

Oh yummy! My boys love when I make homemade pizzas.