Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

And On Most Days--Masrter Bedroom From Summer to Fall

Hello and Good Morning.  I hope you slept well!
 I am thinking about Cozy Master Bedrooms and so today I am sharing our Summer Look and some plans for Fall . . . 

On some days the Cowboy helps. 

 Magazine perfect huh!


And 
On Most Days

Yep there is a Dog in our bed!
While I hang out in my 'Room' AKA Crafting Space
Domino chooses to lay on the bed!

And well Lola has a different chosen place of rest . . .

Before I was smart enough to put the ugly Brownish sheet over the comforter it got pretty dirty. 
With the sheet on the bed Domino can enjoy a nap without getting the bedding dirty.
Before I started using the sheet I was washing the comforter every couple weeks but it began to get really, really tired. And I am not too sure my old Maytag liked washing that big 'ole King Sized Comforter.  And so I decided it was time to replace it.  And well it's almost Fall anyway . . . 
Opp's

Fall creeped in on us.  It was in the 70's this morning.  We had a cool front and the Cowboy needed the electric blanket!

I had plans to at least make a new Fallish throw . . .
. . . from this cool old upholstery fabric.  I love the colors, the Paisley and the texture.  This was my inspiration. 

This is where the fabric came from 

This sad old sofa.  This was the sofa in my parents family room when I grew up.  I was covered in a lovely Fall Mountain scene. My daughter took it to her first apartment and covered the cushions with the upholstery fabric.  It came back to my house when she got a new 'real' modern sofa!  Eventually it went to a resale and I am sure some crafty person painted it with chalk paint and made a buck or two on it!  BTW that is Daisy (she was before Domino).  My dogs always hang out in my crafting room if I let them!

And now since we had that cold snap I better get on the stick and get this throw finished.  I had planned to back it with a polished cotton.  But now I am undecided.  I wonder how a flannel sheet would work.  Flannel fells cozy. 

What do you think? 

So I have the plans for the new throw now I need to search for 
a new Fallish/Winter comforter.  

Off to Tuesday Morning!  Wanna tag along?

Are you changing to Fall bed yet?

Thanks for stopping in.  Leave a comment please.
Comments are Hugs here!




I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons 

may be on the bottom of the page



New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How funny. Mom took her bedspread off the shelf this morning and it's been through the washer and is now in the dryer. We are expecting colder temps tonight and she wants to be prepared.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

I do the same thing and cover my comforter with fleece blankets for the dogs to sleep on but it still seems like I have to wash it a lot anyway. Good luck with your project and thank you for sharing this week. #HomeMattersParty