Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello Welcome to Happy Homemaker In Texas


I was inspired by Sandra at Family Corner
to do this weekly party

Sandra provides the prompts,  I add a few of my own just because something pops in my mind and I want to share it with you.

The Weather
Is just stinking hot.  But I am Praising God it is not hotter because it really could be.  We might get a bit of rain toward the end of the week.

On the breakfast plate
When you have no Eggs but cheap Biscuits are in the fridge . . .
Served Biscuits 3 ways pretend Sausage Gravy made from leftover Taco Meat . . .yup and it was quite good. 
Ham and Cheese and plain 'ole Butter.  The Cowboy added a 4th with Honey.

Going a bit out of order because I can't wait to tell you!

My 'Ta Da' moment
I made edible Pinto Beans.  They turned out good.  Since my crock pot broke I have not made a decent pot of Beans.  We have been so  hungry for Pinto's.  One week I
even asked my S.I.L. to make us a pot.  Actually I asked our daughter.  She delegated.

On my reading pile



I am reading now


On the menu this week
A week or two of from the freezer.  It is full which is good because we are running short this month.  It is a challenge getting used to living on a limited income. 
The Cowboys diet restrictions and needs require lots of fresh fruits and veggies and canned veggies too.  I'll be going to a pantry for fruits and veggies to add to our freezer meals.

Monday Pork Loin, Mac/Cheese
Tuesday Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potato's
Wednesday another pot of Beans, Corn Bread
Thursday Pulled Pork Sandwich's, Onion Rings
Friday Spaghetti 

In the craft room
Trying to finish up some Prayer Pocket inserts.  I always 
have a hard time stopping.  I just keep adding and adding things.
I started the Sun Flower table cloth I have been plaining 
on making for the Tea party . . . 

I saw a table runner made from Tea cups so I decided to make one.  I haven't done this kind of sewing in a long time.

In the garden
Beautiful Sun Flowers

Okra is peeking out from under the Cucumbers
The Cucumbers have been providing.  The finally started growing up.   The dogs are guarding the garden from Lizards.

I started one of the Fall beds compost hand tilled in
I have a few more beds to prep.
Starting some seeds in the green house

A question for you
I am trying to find a new free and easy to use photo editor.
I need one to add text to photo's.
Which one do you use?

From the camera
My sweet Domino.  Today I am thankful and praising God she is well.  This time last week I was crying because she was so sick.  She had a horrible reaction to a dog food I tried to introduce into thier diet.  Praise God she is happy and well.
Thank you for joining me today.

I am joining all my regular parties.
Links are on previous posts.
I will add my list and links when the computer cooperates




7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I can't wait to see your teacup table runner finished and in place on your table!

I use PicMonkey, LunaPic and Ipiccy as my photo editors.

Luludou said...

we'll be eating from the freezer too - it's that time of the year before we reload with fresh produce for Fall. Have a great week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I LOVE the new tablecloth makings. So glad your pretty dog is doing better. I also DON'T miss Texas summers, but glad it's not as bad as it could be. Have a GREAT week.

Carol said...

I like Canva for adding text to photos, making collages, and putting together graphics. Ribbet.com is a good one too. Have fun sewing!

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

Sounds like you have been busy and productive. Glad the pup is okay. Thanks for sharing this week. #HomeMattersParty

Jean said...

Glad your dog is doing better. PicMonkey is a good one (free but you can also upgrade for small fee). Love all the sunflowers and yum, okra! Hope your week is going great so far!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

What are prayer pocket inserts? I'm curious! Also, I'm sorry about your crockpot. I cried when mine broke a few years back. Have a great week!