Pages

Monday, July 6, 2020

A New Craft Room Project A 'Pretty' Junk Journal

Today I'm sharing with you process photos of a junk Journal that I'm making for a swap the instructions were to make a pretty junk Journal we were given a video to watch and a few instructions.
 
After reading the instructions and watching the video I began by choosing my papers to make the journal
The theme 'Pretty' spoke to me in terms Floral, Butterflies, Simple Dots and Paisleys in colors of  Pinks, Beige's, Creams, light Green.  
After I made my color/paper/theme choices I began picking 'extra's' papers that I will include like Doily's these are a Pale Pink I hand dyed from an Avacado pit.  Yeah go figure.  
I am planning to try Cherry Pit's this week. 


I also chose a Vintage Hymnal page the title spoke to me.  I will keep the Hymn page 'in tact' in the journal. 

After I made made my color and paper choices I began looking through my box of samples and templet's and things to add to the journal.  My choice's included a 4 pocket insert made from a book page, A handmade notepad for Journaling and a few other items.
I always manage to get a photo or two or three LOL out of order. 
Here are a couple of printable images that I chose to add also.



I also looked through other Junk Journals and Pages, tags and other items for more ideas. 

This is a page I received in a SWAP  I like how the creator included an envelope as a fold out on the page.  The envelope is hand made. 
This is the process of making the envelope.  I didn't find a double sided paper that matched the theme that I liked for the envelope so I had to glue some paper to inside edge that would show.  

I'll also include lots and lots of Ephemera.  
What's that you ask?


e·phem·er·a
/əˈfem(ə)rə/
noun
  1. things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time.
    • items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness or popularity.

    • Hmm well my definition . . . 
    • . . . anything 'Pretty' I want to include.  

    • Stay posted I'll be sharing more another post with the rest of the process.  

    • Thanks for stopping by

    • Have a Safe and Blessed Day



    • I'll be linking my posts this week at these parties.
















      Beautifully Make Link Party Across the Blvd






2 comments:

Reidland Family said...

Very pretty!

My thrift store addiction said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty project at Vintage Charm!