Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday Filled With Words-The Story Behind The Photo



Good Morning everyone. 
 Welcome to a Happy Sunshine filled day here in Texas

Today I am sharing with you the story behind a special photo that I shared on Saturday in my Happy Homemaker in Texas post.  If you missed it you can go here to read my post.  

Let's get on with the special photo and the story!


The story actually began many years ago when my son was 18.  
He is know 40.  In the photo if you look very close you can see my grandson's denim clad legs (who is now 18) watching his dad.

The horse is a 2 year old names Vincent.  He has a much longer fancier name but the call him Vince or Vincent.  After the painter not the country/gospel music singer. ( I always think of Vince Gill)

This photo was taken by my D.I.L. from the kitchen window with her cell phone.  She is a photographer by trade and I know she was just spittin' fire that she wasn't invited along for this momentous moment!
My son trains Reining Horses.  
Vincent was bred to be a reining horse.  

Thomas also teaches beginning riding to children and adults and coaches a few riders in the arena. 

  
 To many professional trainers and riders the horse is a vehicle a means to an end.  Not to this family.  Our horses are all apart of the family.  



That is why Speck's 'Welcome Home' 5 years ago was such a special day.  

Speck is pregnant now and with God's grace will deliver mid April. 

I hope you'll come back to read the rest of the story.  There will be several posts over the next little while including . . .

  • Speck's homecoming
  • Vince's baby pics
  • About Reining and Speck's futurity
  • The new baby!
Happy Trails

No comments: