Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Menu Monday On the Dinner plate A Few Of Last Weeks Meals

How is your day going? Welcome to a new week.  Today I am sharing a few meals I served last week.   But first here are my 
plans for the week . . . 

A few plans for the week . . . 
Last week I thought about cooking Fried Cat Fish and didn't get 'round to it.  So on the list it goes.

Fried Cat Fish and Baked Potato's I have the nicest perfect potato's to bake and I bought Sour Cream and Bacon Bits all set!
Maybe I can get to the store and get some cabbage.  We'll see. 

We still have a T-Bone and some Filet Mignon in the freezer.
And another big 'ole Pot Roast we bought on sale a couple weeks 
ago. 

We have a Smoked Salmon in the freezer The Cowboy smoked last week.

Fried Chicken, Mashed Potato's and hmm I bought Chicken Thighs for the dogs and I kept two out.  I am finding it is easier to fry just what we need because we are not good most of the time about left overs. 


Are you good at serving left overs?

Looks like I have a few ideas that will make really nice dinner plates the week.  

And now here are a few of last weeks Dinner plates . . . 




I made a pot of spaghetti from left over taco meat.  The bread is an onion roll we needed to use up.  I added butter and garlic. 
It was just o.k. 

The Cowboy is eating alot of Asparagus and Spinach because it is good for his condition. 


I've been wanting a good 'ole bowl of pinto's.  Do you put 
ham hock in yours?  I can't make a decent bowl of beans without ham hock.  I didn't make this found it on google but doesn't it look good?

Another easy meal.  Pork tenderloin that the Cowboy smoked over the weekend.  I fried a few Asparagus Spears.  Do you see the 
radish in the salad.  It is from my garden!  Yea me. 
A close up of the gravy.  Can you see the pepper corns.  
The Cowboy covered the pork in coarse pepper and coarse salt then smoked it.  It was yummy and super tender. 
See there's my Radish with the Broccoli and Spinach Salad.

My plate.  I didn't get a good shot of the mashed potato's.  These are fresh from real Potato's.  Last week I was tired and grabbed a package of Betty Crocker Loaded Potato's.  Not a keeper.  




I served a simple meal of Mussels and Shrimp over Fetticini.  Just a bit of butter added to the sauce in the Mussels (frozen package) and I added a tablespoon of Sun Dried Tomatoes.  It was a fast and yummy meal.  The Cowboy had a Spinach and Broccoli Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing.

He likes the strangest combinations.
Think so?

On Friday I steamed up the rest of the Broccoli and made a Mexican Theme Broccoli/Cheese/Rice dish.  It was so yummy cooked it all separate and then just poured the sauce on top.  
The chicken was oven roasted with orange peels, a lime and Italian Dressing then I sprinkled Tumeric, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder on top. 
I served with Blue Corn Tortilla's and Guacamole.  The Guac was so yummy.  I wanted to like the bowl.  
Don't tell
I never met an Avacado I didn't like!

And from the left over Broccoli and Rice I made soup.  And it was delicious.  Sometimes I do make Leftovers just reconstructed. 



I am sure missing eating out
Are you? 

But I really do love cooking at home. 

Bon Appetit


2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

And now you've gone and made us hungry! So many yummy meals!

Michelle said...

Your meals look so good. I feel like that is all we have been doing...eating! lol