Pages

Monday, March 9, 2020

Menu Monday

Good Morning.  Welcome to a new week. I plan to have a great one. 
You?
It's Spring Break here in Texas so I have week off.  I hope to do lots of cooking.
And so let's talk

I love planning a menu for our meals. 
 Are you a menu planner? 

I am in a new season in my life as a wife and homemaker and so my idea of menu planning has changed abruptly.

My Cowboy is ill and has new diet restrictions.  He also feels so bad some days he just can't eat dinner.

And so planning a menu for our dinner has gone by the wayside for now.

Now I suggest a couple of choices early in the day so I can thaw meat and have it ready to prepare.

Some days even though we plan early in the day he just des not feel like eating.

I have always been a big soup person.  I just like soup.  The Cowboy has never been a fan of soups as a main course of a meal. Soup and stew is becoming a new staple in our house.  It is yummy and cozy.  And it fills you up and warms you up.  My Cowboy is always cold.  Soup is a good choice for many meals.

And so this new season does not include menu's but  I still plan our meals around what we have ready to cook.

Here are our choices this week

  • A big ole yummy pot  roast
  • We have ground beef so we could make Tacos, Spaghetti or Goulash, my version of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff.  I like batch cooking so if we do thaw ground beef I will plan to make Hamburger Soup.
  • We have lots of Sea Food in the freezer so we could have Fried Cat Fish, a pan seared Flounder Filet, Shrimp ( oh the possibilities
  • We have pork tenderloin so maybe oven roasting it with stuffing

There are lot's possibilities.  And it's Spring Break no work this week so I might jusy get creative.

So what are your dinner plans this week?

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Not a week goes by that I don't make a big pot of soup!