Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Happy Homemaker in Texas-The New Norm . . .

Things have changed here.  MaMa has come to live with us. 
Today (Saturday) we are waiting for the 1st visit from Home Health
Care.  Taking care of an aging MaMa has changed our schedule and lifestyle.  
But all is Happy here in Texas
and now to here's the HHM post
This week all Sandra's prompts
The weather
An early heat wave. Usually we have a couple of hot days in July.
But this year it has be up to 110 a few days and we still have a few more days over 100 coming up.  Where's fall.

Right now
I am multi-tasking.  Washer/Dryer/Dishwasher going.  Keeping my
ears open in case MaMa needs something.  And writing my post. 

Thinking
too much.  I need to let my mind shut down a little.

Something fun funny to share
Oh my.  Must be really, really hot there.  I got this in my email.
Linda at Best of Long Island shared it.  Click here to visit her. 

On my reading pile
I have books!  Real books.  A couple came in the mail last week. 
Lying, Cheating, and Occasionally Murder

Sipped
I got both of these for tours coming up soon. 

On my t.v.
MaMa's here so there is some t.v. watching going on. 
I leave her watching Full House all morning wall I work.
We begin the day with Andy Griffith while I am getting breakfast going and getting ready/dressed for work.
The food channel is on most of the day. 
And then the 4 o'clock local news.  (then a nap)

On the menu
Monday- Fried Chicken,Green Peas, Mashed Potatos, Cream Gravy
Tuesday-Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, Green Beans (MaMa can't eat salad.  Bummer) Garlic Bread
Wednesday-Pork Chops, Rice, Black Eye Peas
Thursday-Bar-B-Q Ribs (MaMa can't get enough)Pasta Salad,
Deviled Eggs, left over Black Eye Peas, Corn on Cob
Friday-Beef Stew and Biscuits
Our life style has changed dramatically in the last week. 
Because MaMa is here I have to plan  meals a day.  I'll be sharing my meal plans on Monday.

On my to do list
Finish planning meals and grocery shopping
Monday taking MaMa to cardioligist (s) to sign hipa forms
Keep notes on MaMa's day and activity (schedule memory test with doctor)
Work 
Schedule help (nursing and family help)

In the craft basket
Not much maybe get into some paper crafts to entertain MaMa.

Looking around the house
Changes,  moved furniture, more clothes and 1 more person 
living here. 

Scripture/Devotional
Enjoy your week
linking with Sandra and a few others my list is below this post.

No comments: