Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

In The Garden

Planting Pansy's


Back in the fall I had a few extra bucks and so I splurged and bought a flat of pansy's.

I have small area at the edge of the veggie garden that I want to be a flower bed.
I don't spend alot in my garden and so I wanted something that would last from fall into the spring.  
Image result for pansy
Pansy's were the perfect choice.  They are usually inexpensive and can be easily found in garden centers.  I bought a flat for $15.00. 
I was delighted.  I had a $20.00 bill I intended to spend. 

Yesterday I was watching the dog play and admiring those beauties that I had planted in the fall.  

And I had a 'Duh' moment.
If Pansy's are so inexpensive and so plentiful in garden centers 
they must be easy to grow from seed.  I had never thought about it
before!   
verschiedene-fabrige-variationen

So being the 'Jazzy', 'High Tech' grandma that I am I googled it!
Then I looked on Pinterest and I found . . . 
purple-pansy-seeds
A great 'How To' over here
I'm going to try it. 
And maybe I'll have some beauties like this 
Image result for pansy flower
And so I am off to the garden center to look for seeds   

No comments: