Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

When God Closses Doors-- My New Journey

This past  January I began teaching at a Christian Preschool. 

In two weeks we will begin our school year.  I am excited.  I am Blessed.  I am thankful.  Every day I thank God as I drive in.
Everyday as I walk into my room I am thankful. 

It was a difficult Journey and I am so glad it is over


I teach three year olds.

I spent almost a year looking for a job.  When your over
50 with no education it is really, really hard to find a job.
beautiful butterfly reflection ❤
The last 10 years I spent managing a non-profit that my Cowboy and I founded.  

When I began my job search it was that experience that I feel back on with both feet jumped into searching for a job in that field. create entrepreneurship business job work career goals


I went on almost a dozen interviews.  Three different non-profits
interviewed and called me back.  One called me back for two other interviews.  Each time I thought I would receive an offer. 

Each time no offer came.  To say I was down and depressed is putting it lightly. 

I began to get more and more depressed and disappointed.  And honestly I began to loose faith.  It was so hard.   
The empty park bench by Mercury dog, via Flickr
I truly felt alone and abandoned by God. 

Then I went through a phase of applying for any office/clerical job I could find.  I received no calls.  No interviews. 

More depression.  More questions.  I began to beat myself up for lacking faith. 

It was here on this Journey that I kept myself from completely giving in to the idea of believing that God was punishing me.  Or just didn't care anymore. 



Because here I had to stay strong.  Because here I knew deep down that there might be someone who stopped in that might need a little
encouragement. 

And so here I kept it all together. 



And I tried really hard to be cheerful and offer hope and encouragement. 

Today I am not lacking in faith.  For many reasons I see God's hand in where I am now.   

And I remember these words His plans are not my plans.  His ways are not my ways. He does have a bigger plan.  A better plan. 

And even when He seems silent.  He isn't.  All things are working together. 

We have to trust.  We have to have faith. 
Related Pins = http://www.pinterest.com/knowingjesus/pins/
And today I am more empowered than ever to share a little faith, a little trust and a little hope. 

Today I hope that you are encouraged to Trust God more.   And look forward to seeing around that curve.

Linking with Jess for The Art of  Homemaking Monday.  Click Here.
Linking with Monday's Musings.  Click Here.

Finding Hope along the Journey

 Sherry








4 comments:

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That was very brave of you not to lose faith is such a trying time. And I'm so glad you're working with children: they are often a blessing!

Tania said...

Great post! It is all about faith, all the time, everyday.

I am glad that you found a job working with children, hope you have many happy days there :)

God is good in so many ways!

x

corners of my life said...

Spending your days with three-year-olds will be a fun adventure. Best of luck.

JES said...

Thank you for sharing and encouraging :) I think you will do a great job with the 3 year olds, you have heart!

Take care, JES

Thank you also for linking up with the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week :)