Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Playing with Pictures

A few pics I played around with . . .



My dog isn't the best at posing. But I try!  She makes me smile
anyway.
I took this one on July 4th weekend.  I edited on Pic Monkey by using the 'Frosty' edge option.  I would like to try taking her pic here again without the leash.  I'll have to get Cowboy to go with us to help.

Next I tried a different option.  Check this out!
I love the sparkles. It really looks like rays coming off the crown! Perfect for the crown photo!
It's hard to see but the tie around her neck is just a strip of fabric it had hearts on it. 
I had used it to tie my hair up.  This shot was taken at the end of the evening when my Cowboy and I serve a Valentines Dinner to our daughter and grandson. 
In this shot she was recently groomed.  Really, really short.

This next one is probably my favorite . . .
I used Pic Monkey again on this one and did the edges dark. 
I like the way the lighting came through the window.
Here she is shaggy again.  This was just before she was groomed.
She looks peaceful but she is actually pouting.  I was decorating the Christmas tree,  I had told her to stay on the tile in the entry way.  She snuck over to this hide that was laying on the floor.
I had used the hides on the mantel for fall.  

So have you tried Pic Monkey.  It is simple to use.  I only used the free option but you can do more if purchase the upgrade. 

Check it out and these fun linky's . . .
Linking with Camera Critters.  Click Here.
Linking with Donna's Photo Challenge.  Click Here.
Linking with Smile It's The Weekend.  Click Here.  

Do you love Christmas?  Check out my Count Down Linky!
It's fun and simple just post anything Christmas related.
The link opens every Tuesday and runs all week.  Click Here!
Count Down To Christmas Linky


20 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for joining in with us this month! What an adorable looking dog! I think that editing photos is part of the fun in photography. PicMonkey provides a great service, and I have used it on occasion for some of the special effects because it is so easy and quick.

Jackie See said...

I love your photos, and I think the crown is well deserved! Thank you for popping over to take a look at my pets and my blog (gr8tfull.blogspot.com). I am now a follower and will be back often to visit. Picmonkey is the only editing software that I am familiar with. I upgraded their features and I have a lot of fun with it, but I still have so much to learn! xo Jackie (Dazee)

Dawn said...

Thanks for linking up with this week's Smile its the weekend, what lovely photos of your beautiful dog
Ive never used Pic monkey befor but will check it out.
Hope you have a pawsome weekend.

Badger Boo xxxx

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Ah she's a sweetheart! :) She has the same sort of coloring as one of my dogs ( not exact but close! :)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I like the last one...she is shaggy and looks like a snuggle dog!!!...:)JP

Janet Shaw said...

Sweet Doggie! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are all so much fun! That last one makes him look a little like a bear! All good for the challenge! Sweet hugs, Diane

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your dog is sweet and l like how you edited the photos with PicMonkey.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

What a beautiful dog. I bet she is a real sweetie. Thanks for sharing her.

Empty nester at last said...

What a cutie! And isn't it funny when dogs pout??? Mine does when she doesn't get a treat...but the last vet visit said she was putting on the weight.....she doesn't believe me!!!!Thanks for posting!

Michelle said...

Hi Sherry,

I like the picture with the hide best.
I'll have to try pic monkey.
Are they new..I've never heard of them.

bj said...

I use PicMonkey, too. There's several editing programs on the net that I use, too.
Love all your photos here.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I agree with you ... I love the last one. And I do know that pouty face. I have a few pictures of Izzi in the same state of mind. Your dog is beautiful ... I love her coloring and many expressions.

Andrea @ From the sol

Egléa Senna Bordados said...

Edições interessantes para fotos de um cão adorável.
Um abraço!
Interesting edits to photos of a lovely dog​​.
Hugs!

Mary said...

Dogs are so much fun for their owners to photograph - sometimes I feel I need to get one too!

Lovely - thanks for sharing with us.
Mary

Debby Ray said...

Aww...what a sweet doggie...great captures! They really can be hard to photograph but you have done a wonderful job!

Vee said...

Had to chuckle at the sneaky dog trick. I might be lying down, but I'm over here and not where you said. I wonder if you know my friend Leann. She's a CHRISTMAS keeper, too.

EG CameraGirl said...

I've never tried PicMonkey but I do think playing with photos is tons of fun!

Donna said...

I'm late! Sorry!
Love you shots! And yes, I've used Pic Monkey...fun program!
hughugs

Poppy said...

Great pics; he is definitely the king of his domain, as the crown proves!

Poppy