Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Titus Tuesday--Scripture Memory

Welcome to Titus Tuesday


I love to join the linky for Titus Tuesday which is all about us women sharing and helping each other as Titus women are directed to. 

Today instead of offering a how to, or a little wisdom or encouragement I am asking you to help me . . .


If your a regular visitor (and I hope you are) you know that I have been trying to memorize scripture.  Memorizing scripture has been a big challenge for me.

I have tried different methods.  I have purchased software.  I have downloaded free software.  But I am still struggling.  One of my biggest struggles is remembering the reference for the verses that I do manage to memorize. 

I am wondering if you would share with me how you memorize scripture.  Maybe you could write a post and then come by and share the link with me. 

Have you joined Titus Tuesday?  Click here to link up or visit.

This week I am memorizing

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Following Him on The Journey . . .


2 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Sherry! Well, I am like you, I have a horrible memory when it comes to memorizing scriptures. Give me medical codes or penal codes and I can remember them, but words, forgetaboutit. I can recite the scripture, but can't recall the book it came from....or the very exact spot.

Hugs to you!!!

Becky

cynthiaSmith said...

try to sing-song it even if it does not rhyme it seems to help me to remember what I do memorize.. I too have trouble memorizing. I have this brain game that says if you can look it up why memorize it.. sigh, because I need too. non the less sing-songie seems to be of some help for me.