Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Spritual Sunday

Once upon a time there were three trees.

Each of them had grand plans and wanted to do great things.

Tree #1 wanted to do something mighty to be a treasure maybe a treasure chest.

Tree #2 wanted to be a mighty sailing ship.

Tree #3 wanted to be a mighty structure maybe a famous building.



Each tree became disappointed when they were chopped down and turned into different things.



Tree #1 was sad... he became a manger to feed animals.

Tree #2 was sad he was only merely a small fishing boat.

Tree #3 was the saddest of all he was only a pile of scrap wood.



All three tree's had grand plans for thier future but they were sad because they didn't realize thier own importance.



You see

tree #1 was the most famous manger in history after all because Jesus slept there.

tree#2 wasn't merely a fishing boat he was the boat that Jesus sailed in.

tree #3 became a symbol of Hope and Salvation




Please visit Spirtual Sunday for more Blessings.

15 comments:

Debbie said...

This was a great post and a great illustration. Thanks for blessing me with it. Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post for this Spiritual Sunday. Thank you for your visit to my blog; I appreciate your lovely comments. Enjoy your Sunday and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Musings of A Minister said...

Great story and illustration. This has given me something to think about.

Sue said...

Awesome, Such a great story, thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Denise said...

Awesome post.

Renee said...

Great post and illustration...good reminder that we are all used for His purpose!

Southern Lady said...

Sherry, this was such a beautiful story ... I'm so glad you shared it with us today.

Charlotte said...

This is such an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH what a beautiful illustration!

Take care my friend! I hope you are doing well. I haven't had much time to visit lately. Hopefully I can get back to it this week.

Susan said...

My we each be used as He, and only He, see's fit.
Susan

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This was wonderful! I have never heard this before, thank-you for sharing it on Spiritual Sunday.
God Bless,
Ginger

Joyfulsister said...

This is a beautiful story, I have never read it before. Thank you for sharing it with us today. It was a blessing having you visit my blog today and for sharing your heart with me.

Blessings Lorie

Cathy said...

That's a great story.

Susan B said...

Wonderful post!

Beth said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked the song by David Crowder Band. It's one of my favorites :)