Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Date Night


Last Friday I introduced the idea of Friday Date Night.

And as I think about that I remember one of the resolutions (for lack of a better word) that I made at the beginning of the year.

This one was to honor God by being a better wife. To be more understanding. To be more patient. To be more sympathetic. To be....

Well I have blown all of the above.

But I know that my Cowboy is as patient with me as our heavenly Father. They are both patient with my whinning, complaining and all those other negative behavior traits I have.

Last week I invited you to help me be a better wife by coming up with ideas for Friday Date night.

So this week write a post about date night and then come over here and leave me a comment. Join me in being the wife God intends you to be.

6 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a great idea! I'm all for being the best I can be for God and my hubby. As our date night will be tomorrow night, I can't help you with tonight. Tomorrow night, it will be dinner out for us and browsing the stores when there's no one else around. Can't wait! But before all that happens, we will be taking our little grandson out on the town in the morning to celebrate his birthday. Enjoy your evening.

Blessings,
Sandi

Joyfulsister said...

Thanks for stopping by today I was blessed !!!! My hubby and love to do fun things like take over the Wii and just have fun like teens lol. It's good to let go and just have fun playing fun games, we end up laughing more than playing because half the time I don't know what I'm doing and yet I win lol.

Denise said...

Sorry, I did not get my post up. It will be up on Saturday.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I got my post up this morning. This is a great idea. It might be nice to get inspiration from what others do for dates as well.

jeanne said...

I LOVE a date night. We have been married 46 years and date night has been a part of our lives for years. It isn't always the same night but we always have a night out together. I am lucky that my dh is always ready to have some fun. I love that about him.

Your post made me laugh and thankful for my life as a wife and partner. I too have failed many times to all of the "good wife" ideas. However, we are always blessed with another chance to be a better wife. That is God's way. 'He forgives' and so does my dh. It works both ways.

Love your post.

Hugs, Jeanne

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I just got your cookbook in the mail! It was waiting for me when I got home from work. I love cookbooks!! I'm going to use it to make a special dinner for Mr. Hip and I tonight. It's Friday date night again! I'll come back and comment on that when I get home from work this afternoon.