Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Book Review

Thanks for stopping by. Today I am writing a review of a book I just finished reading. I also wrote a post over on my other blog when your done reading the review you can go here and see what I have repurposed and posted for 2nd Time Around Tuesday....



I knew when I received this book that it would be a easy read. A simple plot and simple story. I enjoy reading inspirational romances and romantic suspence. I enjoy long books that take me days to read. But sometimes I just have a few hours and want to enjoy reading a simple story.

A Man of His Word definately lived up to my expectations. I was able to read it in an afternoon and evening. (Don't let that I read it so fast keep you from purchasing this book. I didn't get anything else done that day. I don't have children and my husband wasn't home and so I didn't have to cook that day.)

It might be considered predictable but aren't all romances? Isn't that why we read them. Boy gets girl in the end?

I enjoyed A Man of His Word because it was a wholesome book. The Amish setting of course lended to the wholesomeness. It was interesting to learn a little about the Amish beliefs and how they live within thier own society but yet with Yankee's (anyone not Amish) and; Yankee ways of life.

Although I really enjoyed this book one thing I personally didn't like was the use of Amish words. There is a glossary at the front of the book and it did get rather annoying to go to look up a word when your in the middle of a sentence. I think it would have been much more enjoyable without the added few Amish words here and there.

I was pleseantly surprised that the book includes a Reading Group Guide. This was a positive to me because I do a reading group with teenager girls living in a Halfway House. This book would be great for younger teenage girls.

I would recommend this book for the adult reader who wants something light and easy to read for a quiet evening. Or because it is fast and simple to read and because of it's wholesome values it would be a great book for a teenager girl.

I would highly recommend this book and I would purchase other books in the series. I am always suggesting Christmas presents and again this one would be good. You can find it at Amazon.

Thanks again for stopping in. Don't forget to go check out my 2nd Time Tuesday post. And don't forget that I am still doing the Gift A Way leave a comment to be entered.

2 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Fuller said...

Thanks so much for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and appreciated you taking time to review it.I love that you read it in one day, I'm the same way with most books. :) I have to be careful before I start one or I won't get anything done!