Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cottage Decor Project

Just a few days ago I finally decided to refer to my humble apartment as a cottage . . .


The stone has a cottagey feel.  At least I like to think so.  My decorating style isn't cottage at all.
I like to call it Eclectic.
 T
Wouldn't you call glass and spurs a bit Eclectic?

My mantle is an extreme in the other direction . . .
T
It's glossy white.  I planned to paint. Someday.  It's surrounded by vintage things.  My tea cart is next to the vintage ice chest.  Below you can see just a corner of an old wooden box.

Now do you agree I am Eclectic?

And so since I am so Electic I thought it be fun to do an Eclectic Gallery wall.  I have this huge wall behind my couch that is just itchin' to get covered.

Of course I've gone to pinterest for some ideas . . .
Today’s the day – are you ready to see everyone’s gallery wall reveals? Led by the talented Mary Ann of Classic • Casual • Home and Cindy of Rough Luxe, it’s the third and final week of the Project Design series on creating gallery walls. If you’re a little late to the party, you can catch up here: Week One: Gallery Wall Inspiration Week Two: The Gallery Wall Plans for My Home Office Now on to the reveal! The blank black wall above my home office console is blank no more: And since it’s ...
                                                                source
Love this one.  Just nice and subtle.  Nothing 'out there' kind of understated.  I love the console cabinet underneath.  Reminds me of my mothers stereo.  Dawng I wish I had it.  I wondered if its in storage.
Might be.  Someday we might all be rich when we get to clean it out.  Nah...we'll just be happy vintage collectors!

Here a  few more ideas . . .
Fizz56 + Lulu and Georgia Giveaway Winner's NYC Apartment Restyle! | The Everygirl
                                                                Source
                                                        Now that's what I call Eclectic.
                                         DIY corner gallery wall - how to create a lovely gallery wall with out putting any holes in the wall!
                                                                                  Source
Now this looks like me.  But not so much The Cowboy.  Love the combination of textures.  The white and the rustic wood and then look at the floor cloth.  Love the wall!   Now that is kinda where I'm headed.

                                                                                   Source
                                                                                A wall of gilded mirrors has WOW impact. Bonus: You can thrift these pieces for total steals!
                                                     Source
                                     I'd heart a wall of mirrors
                                                              And I want a couch with fringe!


                                      Bear with me on this….the pale blue isn't a typical color choice but I think it's a great background for the more typical Victorian style gallery wall
                                                                              Source
 I just want this entire stairwell.  Love how they turned the corner.  I can't help but wonder how tall the
ceiling is.  Our stairwell is two stories.  And I am just not sure what to do with it.  I'm just afraid anything
I hang will look funny with tons of space above.  So it stays 'naked' For Now hehe.
                            Someone knows how to hang pictures!  All in the same style range and low enough to become part of the whole furniture arrangement.  Well done!
                                                                       Source
I'm drawn to this one mostly because of the lay out and use of shapes of frames. Not so much the
photos or matting.  I do like the animal skull included.  The Cowboy will be real happy to display some of his trophies.
gallery wall with clock and key-www.goldenboysandme.com gallery wall www.goldenboysandme.com
                                                                     Source
                                                                   Why You Should be Afraid of Eclectic Gallery Art Walls - laurel home | beautiful art wall by Ken Fulk
                                                                              Source

Well I have some fabulous ideas.  I am inspired.  Now the next step is to show The Cowboy and send him
off huntin'.   Not in the woods this time at our favorite thrift shops.  He is a great hunter.

                                                         Are you inspired?  
      Have you already done a gallery wall? I'd love to see yours!
I am linking with some great parties.  A complete is below the horse.  Visit some great parties!
                                                            Happy Trails
                                                                             Equine love                                                                              Source  
 Linking with Huckleyberry Love
Linking with Tutorial Tuesday
Linking with Tumbleweed Contessa
Linking with Handmade Tuesday
Linking with Sew Crafty Girl for Wake Up Wednesday
Linking with Snap Creativity for Show and Tell
Linking with Lamberts Lately for Create It Thursday
Linking with Thrifty Decor Chick            
Linking with  Treasure Hunt Thursday  
Linking with Hope In Every Season    
Linking with Share Your Style
Linking with Home and Garden Thursday
Linking with Share Your Cup Thursday
Linking with Favorite Things Thursday at Katherines Corner
Linking with Creative Inspirations
Linking with Imparting Grace
Linking with Simple and Sweet Friday at Rooted in Thyme
Linking with Feathered Nest Friday
Linking with Frugal Friday
Linking with Shabbilious Friday Party
Linking with The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home Party                                        
                                                                     

6 comments:

Linda Kay said...

We have so many pictures to hang in our new house, and I need to consider doing something wild and crazy like this to use them. Now I'm also bringing in many pictures from our time in Maine. What to do with all these???

Michelle said...

Sherry,

Oh, that console reminds me of my childhood.
Except, ours is probably long gone.

We would most likely get along well!!
I am very eclectic. From the books I read to my home decor.

Denise said...

very lovely.

seemesew84 said...

What gorgeous ideas!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Lots of inspiration! can't wait to see what you do. thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

Love these inspiration pics! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!