Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hidden n Forgotten?

Tonight I began to wonder how much scripture is buried in my head that I have forgotten. 
Sounds weird doesn't it?  Maybe forgotten is not the right word maybe 'hadn't thought of recently' is better. 
I am thinkin though that either description is sad. 

Tonight I got to go to the ranch to help with the Tatooed Hearts program with the boys.  It is Bible memorization program.  I sat and listened while boys recited verses. 

It was a huge Blessing to me to see the smiles on their faces and to watch them excitedly quote scripture! 

These are 15,16,17 and 18 year olds that are there because they have committed felonies.  The ranch is a prison unit. 

Tonight I heard Romans 3:23, John 3:16, Genesis 1:1 and a few others.  I also heard . . .
Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 
As I read it and then helped one of the boys remember it I began to think about the other scriptures I had memorized so long ago. 
One of the hardest things for me to remember is the references. 
I remember bits and pieces of verses.  But it usually takes looking at them again to remember the entire verse. 
Tonight I pray that as these boys learn and memorize these verses that they will absorb their meanings.  And that they will truly hide them in their hearts, in a place where they can find them. 
Tonight I shared Jesus.  Tonight I was Blessed. 
I won't be able to write a Thankful Thursday post but if I could I would have to include how thankful I am just to be a part of Tatooed Hearts.  
And how thankful I am to see the excitement on the faces of these boys.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sis.

Nothing But Books said...

Stopped by to check on my feature and to say thanks. Please let me know when it's posted.

Author of Completely Whole