Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Book Review--Completely Whole

Completely Whole by Paulette Harper was a great book to read. 
It's cover quote was intrigueing to me suggesting...
"A must read for all who have the assignment of edifying the hurting."  Pastor Tony E. Johnson, Word of Faith Worship Center

Actually the first three pages of the book is filled with quotes from authors and pastors.  There are a lot of people talking about Completely Whole.  I think I could easily say that everyone agrees that it is Biblically sound and encouraging. 

It chapter refers the reader back to scripture and ends with a challenge and a prayer.  

Here's a couple of the chapter titles:
Lord, You Know What Is Best For Me
Lord, Your Forgiveness Makes Me Whole

From the back cover:
Life's daily struggles can often leave us perplexed and bewildered on how to cope with hard issues.  In Completely Whole, Paulette Harper offers keys to help those who are searching for answer that can lead to a life of complete wholeness: Spirit, Soul and Body.  Completely Whole focuses on how to overcome suffering caused by alcoholism, substance abuse, poverty and other obstacles blocking the path to a life of wholeness. 

I enjoyed reading Completely Whole by Paulette Harper and I would recommend this book to anyone that is wanting to get more out of their Christian life.  Angie Knight suggests this book for her next women's study group of retreat. (from the endorsement page in the book) I agree it would be great.   I am donating my copy to our apartment ministry library in hopes that it will help someone else. 


Completely Whole is available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble and also on the authors website. 
I enjoyed the Author Spotlight here.

This book was offered by the author for review.  I was not asked to write a positive review.  I did enjoy the book and wrote the review but had some difficulties the day I wrote it with blogger.  Unfortunately it ended up in my draft folder.  I was reminded by the author that the review had not been posted.  I apologize for the delay. However...as I was doing a little more looking around today before posting I found some great reviews on the Amazon site.  If your not convinced to purchase Completely Whole check out what a few of the other blog reviewers had to say. 

2 comments:

Nothing But Books said...

Thanks so much Sherry for the feature.

Denise said...

Sounds really good.