Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Small Things Jan.25th Revisited

Duh.... Sometimes things don't turn out exactly as you planned. I wrote the below post intending to put it on my new blog. Which btw I have not told anyone about yet. But I guess now is time.

Back in June I was over at Amy'sand I noticed a button on her sidebar for Company Girls being the inquiring mind that I am I checked it out and I am glad I did.

It is so much fun. Today Rachel and many of us are taking a day off from blogging (or at least a few minutes in my case) to spend the holiday with family. I am going to do that later this afternoon.

I am just taking a short break from the kitchen. Needed to sit down for a few minutes. We have a huge late afternoon and evening planned.

I visited Rachel's archives and found this Small Thing that I can do amidst all preparation for our wonderful evening.

Here's Rachel's suggestion and thoughts. I had to share it because what she said just cracked me up!

Today's Small Thing is to tidy up your pet areas. Those nasty bowls could use a good scrubbing and a sweep around them to pick up the crumbs. If you have a dog or kitty bed, give it a good shake or vacuuming if you can. And should we talk about cat litter boxes??? Nah, I didn't think so.

Somehow I think our four-legged friends appreciate our efforts to spruce up their domains, even though they keep quiet about it. There's something classy about seeing them eat from a clean dish and I think it helps their self image. (Not that cats need help feeling even more superior!)

POINTS: 20 for cleaning up the dishes and food area

BONUS POINTS: 20 for cleaning up any other pet mess.....

40 pts max, (this is for any pets, not just dogs and cats)

Sorry, non-pet people! I'll make it up to you somehow....

P.S. I once had a friend whose dog was on Prozac for depression. Ooooh kaaaay. Maybe all he needed was a clean dog dish to eat from to lift his spirits!
One way to make your Home a Sanctuary is to take time off from blogging on holidays,
to spend time with your family.
Now before you start thinking I am calling kettle black...we do have a family time planned for today.


I just love being a Company Girl go over and visit Rachel's site and join the fun. Even revisiting is a hoot and can provide a wonderful opportunity to make your Home a Sanctuary

Here are a couple of photo's of my animals.
Daisy and Rascal are behind the gate. Miss Kitty happens to be laying on the dining room table. In our old house it was right by a set of french doors that lead to the backyard and barn. I had come in and tossed my Cowboys really,really warm coat on the table and Kitty made it a bed.


Now I am off to clean the cat's box and make their little area all clean and tidy and nice smelling for company. I wouldn't want them to get all depressed that it is not nice smelling for the company. LOL

Happy Revisits and come by my new blogyou will find all my Company Girls posts.

4 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Awwww....too cute! Enjoy that bbq!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful idea! Your pets are so sweet and I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend with your family!
~Kelli

Carla said...

what a fun way to get moving!

Charity said...

Cute pets! :) How fun to "meet" you... thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll look forward to hearing from you again on Friday. Hope you are having a great week!