Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday-Making Home

Good morning 
Image result for good morning
 I am so happy to be with you today.  It is so great to be able to write a post to maybe give you a smile today. 

Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on house and home.

I am not even sure how long I have been blogging.  But it has been a lot of fun filled years for me. 

During those times I've shared photo's from my home.  I've shared table scapes, my mantle, my desk top, books and many more things that surround me here and make me smile.  

Let's look back at a few of my favorite moments captured here on the blog . . . 

This was the mantle at Christmas.  Super simple.  I did add some candles and left it all up through the weekend for Valentines Day. 
Not a great pic but I wanted to share the super sweet flowers one of my clients left on my porch in December when my husband was in the hospital.  They sat on my desk for a few weeks.  I keep flowers as long as I can snipping the stems and cleaning the water every couple of days. 


Hot Cocoa says Cozy on chilly days . . .I made a Cocoa station and featured mugs and gifts from my children.  The hand print box was when my now 18 year old grandson had smaller hands!  The pot holder (which I don't use) was given to me by my daughter a few years ago. 
A favorite Cozy place for a tall glass of ice tea in the summer.  I love this space.  I like to pretend it is a sleeping porch.  The little vintage love seat is actually a 'pull out' I've never tried sleeping in this space.  But it is Cozy for an afternoon read.  I can see the dogs play outside.  It is a good place to come in and rest after working hard in the garden. 

My goal is to make my home a Sanctuary for my family.  Today my family consists of me and My Cowboy and our two spoiled dogs.  

They make me smile.  Many days they are what keeps me going. 
My husband has terminal Liver Disease.  The days are up and down.  

Making our home a Cozy Sanctuary is important to his health and attitude.  

For me it just makes me happy.  I love my home.  It may be a house in the city, a house on land in the country, an R.V., an extended stay motel or an apartment.  But everywhere I/we've called home I tried/try to make Cozy.  


How do you make your home Cozy?

Wishing you a Blessed Day



2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your home is beautiful and very comfy and cozy and we can tell that everything is done with love.

Reidland Family said...

I hope my home always feels like a sanctuary for my husband, too. I know I love to be here.