Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas


Good morning friends.  Today's plan is to journey Sandra at Family Corner.  This may be a short post because my computer is giving me fits . . . please forgive I didn't spell check.  My computer shuts down on a whim...I wanted to get this post done!

The weather....one word Brrr!

Outside my window ...The beginnings of a sunny day and weeds.
Calling a lawn service this week.

What I am reading
I have a couple of authors that write clean Billionaire romances and they have a couple new ones on my list to read and promote.
Check out Sophia Summers and Jewel Allen for some great quick sweet reads. 

And I just finished
The 3rd in a series by Robin Patchen.  I just finished Legacy Reclaimed it was a 5 star read.  She was kind enough to send the first two so I'll be reading them next.  My review was posted a couple of days ago.

On the menu
Our menu planning has gone by the wayside for the time being. 
Because of my husbands disease and all that goes with it we eat what we can pull together.  I still have a 'plan' in mind but many days he doesn't eat after I have cooked and so it becomes leftovers for the next day.  

In my crafting room
I had full intentions to mail Valentines Day cards and tiny gifts.
But life got in the way.  I did join a couple SWAPS in Janurary and got them completed and mailed. I joined a couple for this month that I am working one.  
On simple one mailing my partner Lace and Fibers to use in a journal. 
Another one is to make 3 Sewing Theme Artist Trading Cards. 
That is my project this weekend.  

Plans for the blog
I hope to get back to regular blogging.  And also writing scripture. 
And maybe sharing that here. 
I hope to talk more about my paper crafting and Junk Journaling. I have had a few comments about it and some folks have so imterest. 
I'll share my garden projects and plans.  
I plan and hope to blog more and have less about books here. 
But lately I have had to add more book reviews and interviews to have something posted here.  
I would like to get back to blogging. 

From the camera
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text
My daughter posted on FB.  This was such a sweet memory for me.  He is 11 now!

Prayer request
My husband has terminal Liver Disease.  Please pray for me as I navigate the waters of helping him as he progresses.  It is really hard because some days he is just like he's always been and other days he is really sick.  

Scripture/Devo
Image may contain: possible text that says 'God is telling you today to be still. still. Stop stressing yourself of what is going on. Stop figuring it out with your own understanding. Stop fighting for it because it's yours' already. God is saying, "Leave that to me to handle."'
This was shared on FB the other day.  I needed this reminder. 
Maybe you do to. 

Have A Blessed Day
Thanks for joining me today.  Stop over at Family Corner for 
Happy Homemaker Monday

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We continue to keep you and your hubby in our thoughts and prayers. This is not easy for either one of you. hugs♥

Luludou said...

Oh my! you have alot on your plate, sending you lots of hugs for the rough times you are going through.
The FB post is amazing! it's a keeper.
Hope you have a great week nonetheless - your quote says it all.

Jodi said...

Computer headaches I so get! My laptop is about to get chucked out the window! I will be typing right along, and either it will delete everything I have just typed, or it will jump to a totally different area...grrr

Praying for your husband!

Rebecca Knox said...

Enjoyed reading your post. Lovely photos and inspiring ideas! I'm very sorry to hear about your dh. Am praying over you and him both. Blessings for the week ahead!