Friday, October 26, 2012

Feathered Nest Friday/Show and Tell

Good Morning and Welcome to my Friday. . .
Today I am Feathering My Nest. . . I am glad you came to visit.

I am excited to show you my first Mantle project in over 6 years! 
Yes I have had to live without a Mantle! We moved earlier in the month and I got a Mantle!  So here it is in it's Fall Finery . . .

 Here it is but; somethings not right . . . OK I know it needs a mirror and I have just the one but alas it is still in storage.   But, maybe something else . . . hmmm.  What do you think? 



Oh much better.  The lit candles make a huge difference.   Did you notice I added the stuffed bird. 
One of my Cowboys trophies.  There are many dead things around our house.   I am actually for once feeling very trendy!   

I wanted to share a close up of part of the mantle and tell you about the layers and pieces I've used . . .

The bronze we bought years ago at a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Dinner.  The most unthrifty part of the entire mantle scape. 

The candle sticks beside the bronze are the most thrifty part.  I got them well no Cowboy got them out of the dumpster at our apartment.  I could not believe someone through them away.  They had tags from World Market I think.  Someone had tried to paint them and I guess didn't like them afterward.  After a bleach bath this is how they turned out.  I had to add saucers to hold my fat candles. 

The two glass jar candles were thrifty too my mother got at her apartment.  But they were in the common room for free not the dumpster. LOL.  She asked me if I wanted them.  I had to bite my tongue not to say well duh.  As I type I smell sugar cookies.  Yum

The first layer of fabric is a throw I got at my local grocery store it was cheap.  I love the crystal beady things.   The brown layer of fabric is a scarf I got years and years ago at Pier One.  I love the ends of it. I hope you can see the fringe.   

Do you notice the leaves.  They are fabric.  I made them actually to use as coasters but I felt like the mantle needed some leaves.  And, I went to buy some silk ones and thought they cost way too much.  Maybe I'll find some thrifty ones later. 

Thank you for joining me today.  It has been so long since I have gotten to share a Show or Tell or Feather my nest!  Come back next week.  I'll be sharing my bedroom.  I promise you will not want to miss it. 
My bed is made out of a tree!

Enjoying the Journey . . .

Joining French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday click Here to visit.
Click Here to join My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

Post a Comment