Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Mission 4 Monday . . . My Mission

Today I want to share my new personal mission. Through our ministry I get lots of fabric donated that isn't appropriate for quilts which our girls make for the needy.
This fabric I have the girls make pillowcases as their first sewing project. But I still have an abundance of fabric and so. I am now making pillowcases myself. These I will collect and give to either a local women's shelter or give them away in case of a disaster. I made 22 pillowcases over the weekend. I didn't get to take photo's but I will and post them for you guys soon.
I hope everyone has a great day.
I am off today to spend the morning with my beautiful daughter and the grandbaby.
See you all tomorrow.
In case you didn't come here from Peggy's go over and check out the other Mission 4 Monday posts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful misson - pillowcases are always needed. Take care, Judith

Denise said...

Such a nice mission, love you.

Peggy said...

Blessings Sherry...What another excellent mission idea! And you do these all on your own...awesome!
Pillowcases for a local women's shelter sounds GREAT!Wonderful ministry to share with your girls also and show them how they can contribute service to others! I will look forward to photos maybe next M4M if you don't post before.
Enjoy the day with your beautiful daughter & grandbaby! Thanks for sharing with M4M! Great Mission!

Marsha said...

Hi Sherry!

What a wonderful thing! My girls also make baby blankets, but we don't quilt, just sew front and back together and trim it with satin trim. I'd love to see some pictures sometime.

Blessings.