Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

On the dinner plate / breakfast plate

What we've been eating this week or last week or maybe the week before.  I am not really sure. 

I have been having computer problems and I've loaded pics from my phone onto the blog I can do that on my phone but I can't type the text.  

So anyway here's what we've been eating. 
We got some yummy Little Smokies.  They were Turkey.  I wasn't sure how I would like them but they were actually really good. 
I had a few layer rolls and so I stuffed a few.  Now the eggs.  
Well I have learned I don't cook Fried Eggs to the Cowboys liking.  I thought a little of the White needed to be on the yolk.  I found out I was wrong.  
The next day. 
I made Him cook the Eggs.

The Cowboy buys Cod or Catfish every time he sees it on sale. 
This was a meal of Cod with leftover Clam Chowder from earlier in the week.  I fried a few Onions too.  I love them Onion Rings!

The cup of Chowder.  It was really good.
For lunch the next day I made a Fish sandwich.  I heated some 
Baby Ray's Wing Sauce and tossed in the Cod.  The Cowboy
really liked it. 
Too beige.  LOL.  Maybe another plate would have worked better.  We had a hankerin' for Green Bean Casserole.  I made my own Cream Of Mushroom soup.  It was really good.  I found a couple lone Egg Rolls in the freezer so I popped them in the fryer.  They tasted better than they look. I pulled some oven roasted Pork Loin out of the freezer to go with Aldi's brand of stuffing.  Not a keeper.  We didn't care for it. 
Since we have some Ground Beef in the freezer I have been wanting to make a Soup or Cowboy Stew.  I spent an afternoon looking through some of my favorite cookbooks.
The Cowboy has some wierd ideas sometimes.  He wanted col Shrimp with his Cowboy Stew.  
The eggs he cooked.  Canned New Potato's I fried up and some more of the Little Smokies.

Leftover Cowboy Stew with Tortilla's/  It was even better the next time when I re-heated it. 
Yummy Potato's, just a few Carrots and the Ground Beef.

And.
Drum Roll Please!
. . . 

I made an Apple Pie.  Yep.  I did.  I did the Rustic version and cooked it on the Pizza Stone.  It tasted better than it looks. 

When was the last time you made Apple Pie?
I had to look up a recipe. 
That sound silly to me. 

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Everything looks sooooooooo yummy! It's been years since I made an apple pie and yours looks fabulous!