Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Menu Monday May 10th


Welcome to Menu Monday.  The day I share what I've been cooking and my plans for the week. 

Last week was a busy week.  I can't even remember why except I/we spent most of the day outside.  I was planting and the Cowboy just enjoyed the beautiful weather.  

I made a few new dishes and got some good reviews from the
Cowboy . . . 

This was a new one for me.  Mongolian Beef made with ground beef.  I can't even tell in the pic it's ground.  It was a good recipe. I had to make my own Hoisin Sauce but it was still really good!


A simple meal of leftover Ribs.  They were so good that the 
Cowboy didn't even add sauce.  I boiled 2 eggs and made Deviled eggs.  I haven't made Deviled eggs in forever!


I made Chicken Curry.  The Celery is from my garden.  The 
Cowboy loves Curry Rice except it really isn't.  I've looked at a lot of recipes.  He really just wants a little Curry mixed into his Rice.  That is how his family ate it.  No raisins, no other stuff. 

It was an O.K. meal.  I would rather have had Mexican Chicken 
and Rice.  My favorite eatery opened for take out.  I am cravin'
Chicken and Rice.  Oh and the chips there are just soooo good!



We've both been thinkin' Tuna Casserole but we had a box of 
Tuna Helper that we got from a food pantry so I used it.  It was good but not as good as my casserole.  LOL.
The Cowboy said the box had too many Peas.  LOL.  I opened a can of Leseir Peas.  He is always like that not much interest in 
Peas.
Another dinner from the pantry.  All I had to do was pop it in the oven.  A frozen Chicken Alfredo from Sam's Club.  Fresh Green Beans I cooked with Bacon. 
I had bought Low Sodium Bacon so I splurged and did a 
Warm Bacon Dressing.  Hmmm.
Smoked Sausage with Fried Potato's and Little Peppers cooked in the grill pan with the Sausage.  Dawng it I overcooked the Potato's!   The Cowboy likes them with Menudo Spice cooked in them.  
I had bought a Purple Cabbage to add into some of the Salad's but I remembered The Cowboy doesn't like Cabbage in his Salad.  I just fried it up with Bacon and Onions.  It was o.k. with the 
Sausage and added some pretty color. 
The long slices of Sausage was a package we bought at a discount grocer.  We didn't like it.  It was Jalepeno and was super hot. 
I am going to try to add it to another dish and hopefully tone it down a bit. 


And then it was Friday
And we were outside all evening 
 And

It got to late to cook.  Oh it has been sooooo sooooo long since
we've had Pizza.  Pizza Hut thin Pizza.  Yum mmmeeeeee!

I found this gorgeous Swiss Chard.  I have it all prepped for 
our meal on Saturday night . . . 


The stems and Parsley ready to chop.  Taking Friday off set me up for the huge mess and long night of cooking on Saturday. I ended up with Swiss Chard that needed cooking.  Some thawed Pollock and a few Poblano Peppers.  More photo's later of the feast.  It was so so good. I finally roasted the Peppers long enough to peel.  I love me some Poblano!


And now for a few plans for the week. 

Our Kroger has Chuck Roast on sale so I am about to go out and get one for dinner.  We haven't had Roast in a while.  It is one of our favorites.
We'll be having either Chicken Parmesan or plain 'ole Spaghetti on Tuesday.  I have leftover sauce from last night.  The Cowboy didn't feel like dinner.  Oh well sauce is better the next day. 
Oh but maybe I should do Taco's on Tuesday!  Taco Tueseday and all!
We'll be having Shrimp Creole with some leftover Spanish Rice a Roni and the leftover Jalepeno Smoked Sausage from a few nights ago. 
And we'll have another meal from that Pollock.  I have a few more filets in the freezer.  It was really tasty. 

Well that's my plans for the week. 

What are your Dinner plans?


No comments: