Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

On the breakfast plate How do you cook bacon

Good Morning.  Today I am sharing a couple of Breakfasts that I have cooked recently. 
I have  not shared this before but My Cowboy and I are over 60
just a bit.  Since he became ill last November and had to quit work abruptly we have been going to local food pantries.  It sure has helped and caused us to eat and try things we would not have tried before. 
A few weeks ago we got Bagels.  Yes.  We have eaten Bagels but not a normal thing for us to buy.  We also got some frozen Sausage Patties.  It was a nice change and they were actually really good. I think they were Jimmy Dean.  There was 4 to the package.  I probably would not buy them because I think the frozen fast to cook things are too expensive. 


We've been eating more Breakfasts.  I think the Cowboy has a better day when I've cooked breakfast.  

I love bacon.  Because we had a little extra money we got some Low Sodium Bacon that was on sale.  Aren't these just the prettiest slices of Bacon.
Who doesn't love Bacon?
Say It With Bacon: how to make bacon roses.
Some folks even say "I Love You' with Bacon!
In fact my D.I.L. a few years ago made a Bacon Rose bouquet for our grandson.  But dawng could I find the picture today to show you?  If you want to scroll and scroll through my blog it might pop up!  
I don't think I have the patience to coil bacon into Roses.  In fact I kind of don't have the patience, or time or really it is more organization to make Bacon like this . . . 

But it is soooo yummy.  It turns out super flat and tasty.  I crimped the edges of the foil to save the grease.  I usually put it on a rack so the grease drips away but this time I was too lazy. 
  What's a little Bacon Grease hurt?  
I did drain on paper towel. 

I love this method.  For me it's a little time consuming because it takes about 20 minutes in my oven at 300.  I usually am busy 
and don't get it in the oven in time.  But when I do.  Yummeee!

So how do you cook Bacon!
Thanks for stopping in! 
Happy Trails
BTW you have to come by tomorrow to see my post. 
No sneak peek.  
But I'll give you a hint. 
Our Trails are Happier





1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

I'm not a huge fan of bacon but every so often, I do love a BLT sandwich. I put my bacon in a non-stick skillet with a spatter screen on top the few times that I do make it.