Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Menu Monday-On The Dinner Plate

Hello and Welcome to a new beautiful week.  It's Spring Time!
That makes me smile
Pink Pig With Pearls & Pink Glasses | Cute animals, Piggy
This does too! He He

And now let's talk about the dinner plate. Do you love to cook?
I do.  I love trying to make something yummy and creative and pretty. 
Lately I don't get too pretty with anything it's all I can do to get something on the plate. 
But I dream of some day making pretty plates and decorating my 
table.  
I've been thinking about just making the Cowboys place setting pretty.  Using my good dishes and putting them on the tray for his meals.  

The Cowboys not too into tea parties.  But I think I could dress his tray with pretty plates and maybe cheer him a bit. 
Do you set a pretty table? 
Do you eat at the table?
We don't so much anymore.  But I still try to make a good meal.  
Here's a few we've had in the last few days . . .


The Cowboy likes Pork with Stuffing.   We had the leftover smoked Pork Loin and boxed Stuffing.  I tweek it by cooking Onions and Celery in Chicken Broth and either stirring in or pouring over depending on how stiff it is.  Makes it taste a little more homemade. We  had a simple salad.  
Pork Loin and Stuffing.  He ate every bite and then snuck in the kitchen looking for dessert. 
His portions are a little wonky.  We had Rotisserie Chick I cooked in out handy dandy Rostisseire.  Mashed Potato's and French Style Green Beans.  Not his favoirte but we grabbed the wrong can.  I tweek canned Green Beans normally by starting with a slice of bacon.  But we didn't have bacon so I just added a couple Tablespoons of Butter then filled the can with water and cooked the tar our of 'em.  We like them this way.  I did make package gravy though.  
One of my favorite meals from the week.  Leftover Rotissierie Chick Pizza.  I had a flat bread type crust.  I made an Alfredo Sauce and Grilled Tomato's, Red Onions, Garlic and Bell Peppers in the oven first. Then I put them on the Pizza.  All we had for Cheese was Jalepeno it actually was very yummy.  I liked the consistancy of the Cheese.  The greens on the Pizza are guess what!  Kale from my garden!  It was all verry Yummy!

 
That Chicken went a long way.  Took the last wing and slathered it in Baby Ray's Wing Sauce . . .

A big mug of Cream of Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup made a Cozy meal on a day it was a little cold.  He seems to like my Cream Soups.  They are super easy to make.


I marinated a Flank Steak overnight and then cooked on the Rotissierie for Fajita's.  They were very good.  The Cowboy even ate my Rice.  He isn't a Rice fan.  I put Carrots and Peas in the Rice.  I lost my recipe and had to wing it.  I think it turned out great I have made this recipe for over 20 years I pretty much remember it.
Before I closed up the Fajita.  Lot's of Peppers, Onions, Meat, Cheese and a touch of Sour Cream.
The Cowboy helped by slicing the meat rather thin.  I went a head and cut each piece long ways in half so it would be easier to chew. 

And then on Saturday we ran a couple of errands.  The Cowboy bought a cordless drill for less than $20.00 at Harbor Freight.  Now we can hang our curtains and complete a few more tasks around the house!  
Here's what we had for lunch. . .
Another car picnic.  It was fun.  The weather was beautiful.  
We watched all the people driving in and out of the parking lot and on the road thinking. . . Did these people not hear the stay at home order.  
I guess they all saw the Harbor Freight Ad!

I did make a bit more of an effort in the plating.  I made a homemade Ceasar Salad.  Man hadn't done that in years.  My egg was a little over cooked but it was still yummy.  I love this green plates that I used as a platter to hold the bowl.  I bought these years and years and years ago at Pier One.

And the last of the Chicken.  A little Alfredo Sauce and we had a hearty  and simple meal. 
The Cowboy cleaned is dish except for the Garlic Bread I made out of Oatmeal Bread.  He took one bite because I asked him to.  

And so now I need to plan a few meals for the new week. 
Sheesh.  
Just finished the last week!

I hope you have a wonderfully Blessed week
and 
East some

Fabulous Food!


No comments: