Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello and Welcome to another HH post.  Happy Homemaker
originated over at Sandra' blog.  I added 'In Texas' because I love where I live.  
I am glad you stopped by.  Here's whats going on.  What's been happening and plans for the new week. 

The weather
A bit cooler just making it to the upper 60's.   It has been cloudy for a couple days and it just seems colder.   It is sunny today and no rain,  A great outside day.

What I am wearing 
Still in P.J.'s  it's a lazy day so far.

Outside my window
Beautiful sunshine.  And very quiet except for a loud car that 
just drove my.

On the breakfast plate



On the menu/dinner plate

Our Kroger had a great sale.  This turned out so good! We bought 2 put 1 right into the fridge.  I cooked this one and sliced for dinner and put half in the freezer for Stew.  
Plans for this week I might or I might not cook . . . 
Stew
I have been craving Chicken Pot Pie.  I saw a Lobster Pot Pie 
on t.v. last night. Hmm  they used frozen veggies the Cowboy thought that was yucky.
We've been thinking of making Tuna Casserole one day.
I have Ground Beef in freezer maybe that Goulash I put on the list last week. 
I found a great sounding recipe for Coconut Shrimp
And maybe I'll make an Apple Pie.  Thinking of doing it on a sheet pan.  We'll see 
I am reading


On the reading pile
I've added a few more to the pile . . . 
Duplicity (On the Run International Mysteries Book 7) Before I Called You Mine

In the craft space
Finishing up a scrap Junk Journal.  This one completely made from scraps or trash.  The instructions were to make it pretty.  
It was a fun  challenge.  I'll post the completed project soon. 

My 'To Do' list
A new/old list
I did get the yarn moved that I had on my list last week.  So I can check that one off!
Clean off Kitchen table
Find a new way to store snacks, sweets and fruit for the Cowboy
currently it is all on the kitchen table.
Vacuum and Mop the house
Clean the refrigerator
Put away laundry from the rocker in the bedroom
Move the rocker to the living room
Make an A frame trellis for Cucumbers and get them planted
Mow the leaves under the bushes for compost
Plant potatoes

My 'Ta Da' moment
Not much Ta Da going on around here. 
I got the yarn moved out of the craft room 

In the garden
Peas and Green Beans growing,  I have a second round of 
peas in the green house ready to plant.
 I had originally planted Marigold seeds in this egg carton.  The didn't sprout.  Then I planted the Peas and guess what decided to sprout.  If you look close you 
can see tiny little Marigolds.


Celery in green house
It is growing well.  Very bushy.  
A younger Celery plant with Zinnia's 

Basil and the Tomato that I started from a slice are growing
Carrots and Onions are growing need to plant more
2nd round of Green Beans planted 
2nd round of Sun Flowers planted
Corn planted not sure the first row will make.  

A blog I like
Today I am sharing mine.
My Reading Journeys
I am planning to post less reviews here.  I will try to post 
some Christian fiction and Devotionals.  
All my reviews are over at my book blog click here to 
visit My Reading Journeys

Something fun to share

From the camera
Tired from a long day playing outside 
and . . . 

Have a great week!


Linking with Sandra
Happy Homemaker Monday

2 comments:

Jean said...

Fun seeing all your plants starting. I need to get going on our garden. And your breakfast plate looks delicious, making me hungry. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

All that food talk and pictures makes me hungry. Nice dog! Hope you have a great week