Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Happy Homemaker in Texas


Sandra at Family Corners hosts HHM.  
She provides the prompts
I add a few of my own

The weather
More of the same.  Showers, sun and clouds.  In the upper 80's.

On my reading pile
This one was in the mailbox the other day.  I'll be waiting a bit to read it.  

What I am reading
Glitter Bomb; Hardcover; Author - Laura Childs
I started this one on Saturday.  I received a print copy.  I am finishing up Par Cinderella from last week.  I am enjoying this series. 

What's on your t.v.
Leave me a comment and give me an idea of something good to watch.  The Cowboy has set mothers little t.v. up in his 'man' cave room.  We have a card table and puzzle there.  So he's been working puzzles and watching old game shows!

I am thinking 
That I can't wait till things get back to normal around here. 
Hopefully the 1st of the month will be a huge change.  This month I have been cleaning out my mothers apartment.  I have to be done by the 30th. Say a prayer I get it done!

Something fun to share


Weekend Dinner 
Saturday White Chicken Chili, Salad and Corn Bread
Sunday  Steak Sandwich I sliced left over steak really thin grilled with mushrooms and onions.  Topped with melted Jalapeno Cheddar.   I served chips with cheese dip that I put the Jalapeno cheese in too.  And a grilled smoked Pineapple slice. 

The week's menu

Monday- Chopped Bar B Que Sandwiches, Watermelon, Chips
Tuesday - Beef Stroganoff (from Bison got on sale), Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday - Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine (found recipe on Pinterest)
Add a salad and bread and call it supper!
Thursday-Rotel Quiche, Salad, Confetti Corn (another one from Pinterest)
Friday- Taco's

Last weeks menu (What worked/What didn't)
I didn't even plan a menu or get a post written! Bummer!

On my To Do List
At the top find a charity that will pick up mothers furniture this week! 
Finish cleaning out the apartment. 
Bring home dishes and the sewing machine and plants

My Ta Da moment
Can't think of anything.  Did you have a Ta Da moment?

What's in your Craft Basket?
I want to make these.  Still need to get to Hobby Lobby for the green yarn for Christmas Trees.  Now I need to add some sparkly white to my list. 

In the garden
I plan to cut the last of the blooming Zinnias.  I have only cut a couple I let the rest go to seed.  There are some new ones sprouting. I wonder if the will bloom?

From the camera 
Back to that Ta Da moment.  I got mother to leave her room and go to the lobby to see a dog!
Mothers birthday was Sunday.  I took cookies for the weekend.
She got a card in the mail so I took a pic to send to her friend in 
Tennessee

Scripture/Devo

What if a generation rises up and becomes all they are destined to be?
Linking with a few parties.  
The list is below the post.
Did you know you can link at the Fabulous Party?
Click here to link any day

No comments: