Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Happy Homemaker in Texas

Welcome to my weekly Happy Homemaker post.  Normally I post on Saturday but life got in the way.  I was working on my mom's apartment all day yesterday!  And so no posting.
So Welcome to the Sunday edition!


Each week I join Sandra she provides the prompts
but I add some of my own!
The weather
Ditto from last week.  It's August September in Texas.  That means hot.  And no rain.  

On my reading pile
Did you see my review last week of Fit To Be Tied by Debby Mann?  It was a great read.  You might like it.  
Fit to Be Tied My review is over here
A few Cozy Mysteries are on my stack for the next few weeks.
    
I can't take a nice picture of a stack because these are all on my phone or Kindle.  I miss print copies.

What's on your t.v.?
We rarely turn ours on anymore.  At least lately.  
So I was wondering what your watching?

I am thinking
I miss(ed) my summer garden.  (it died) I hope to have 
some success in the next couple months.

 Something fun to share
I missed joining this.  But I am visiting maybe I'll get some ideas.
You can find it over at Mrs. Olson's.  Click here.

For dinner tonight
Reheated steak from Friday.
Baked potato
Boiled yellow squash (for me)
Grilled Zucchini, Mushrooms and Onions 

The menu
Monday-Labor Day
Brisket, Cole Slaw, Tomato's, Loaded Mashed Potato's, Deviled Eggs
Tuesday-
Wednesday-Chopped BBQ Sandwiches, left overs from Monday
Thursday-Oven Roasted Chicken, Green Beans, Corn
Friday -  Chicken Pot Pie, Salad, Biscuits

Last weeks menu-What worked what didn't
Monday Pinto's and Corn Bread it's been a few weeks!
Tuesday Trying that Rotisserie Chicken again maybe some fresh veggies (planning left overs for Domino)
Wednesday- Is there a pot roast in the freezer?
Thursday-Kid Friendly- Hot Dogs, Fries and Jello
Friday- Stew w/Biscuits (from the leftover pot roast)
Well it was a nice idea.  The Cowboy messed up the beans
Did get the chicken done
The rest of the week I am clueless what we ate. 
Except we did have Steak on Friday.  I only remember because I reheated leftovers last night!

On the To Do List
Redress the Kitchen Hutch from Patriotic to Fall
Finish cleaning and getting the Outdoor Room ready for Fall
Inventory Freezer Didn't get it done last week
Buy Green yarn at Hobby Lobby

My Ta Da moment
I found and brought home a stick vac from my mothers apartment.
I cleaned our baseboards!  It's a cool little vac!  Love it!

Craft Basket plans
Crochet Christmas Tree
These are soooo cute.  I want to make a garland to hang on the hutch.  I display a collection of small Christmas Trees on top.

The Fabulous Party Features
Surviving Deployment as an Introvert Spouse
Click here to read the post.

Collage of photos of Turkey and Dumplings in Bowl with text overlay: Comforting and Homemade Turkey and Dumplings
This look so yummy.  Click here for the post/recipe.

In the garden
Fall plans.  And hopes!  

From the camera
Belt testing.  On the way to Black

Scripture/Devo.
Praying scripture deepens our prayers and helps us pray God's will. Freshen your prayers by learning to pray the Bible. via @LisaAppelo
Have A Great Week







No comments: