Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday hosted and created by Iris.
Today she got me to thinking about friendship. 
I am thankful for friends. 
Iris mentioned praying for a friend at work.  Not just any friend someone that she could talk to and share her faith.  Iris was greatly blessed not only to find a friend but what she didn't mention was she saw an answered prayer! 
I am Blessed when I actually see a true answer to a prayer. 
Do you sometimes wonder about prayer. Do you sometimes wonder about God's timing compared to yours? 
I have been there and done that!  (I wish I could have used a bigger font to express the vastness of that last statement)
God has answered my prayers many times.  But there have been many times when I have wondered where he was. 
This past year has been one of the hardest years of my life. 
But today I sit here with a computer, inter-net and electricity.  I am thanful. 
There is food in my refrigerator.   I am thankful
I am thankful I have a place to live.
I have a car that runs.  I am thankful 
I am thankful for past friendships.  I am thankful that God put certain people in my path at certain times. 
I am thankful that God gave me a friend that prayed for me everyday during those difficult times this spring.  And emailed me.
I could go on and on but I know you don't need to read more of my list. 
I pray that today you have a list of thankfulness.  And, I pray that you see God answer a prayer. 

Don't forget to check out the book give a ways on the sidebar.  The drawing is Monday.  You can enter everyday.  Click on the book photo's.

3 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

God is always faithful! It's encouraging to see how He has walked with you this year. May we never forget to see His blessings.

Take care my friend!

Michele Williams said...

God blesses us every day. God bless you....

Tiff said...

Sitting here, being encouraged by all these "thankful" posts is definitely an answer to prayer, and has given me a new glimpse of God's presence.

He's here with me.

Thanks for the reminder.