Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday hosted and created by Iris.
Today she got me to thinking about friendship. 
I am thankful for friends. 
Iris mentioned praying for a friend at work.  Not just any friend someone that she could talk to and share her faith.  Iris was greatly blessed not only to find a friend but what she didn't mention was she saw an answered prayer! 
I am Blessed when I actually see a true answer to a prayer. 
Do you sometimes wonder about prayer. Do you sometimes wonder about God's timing compared to yours? 
I have been there and done that!  (I wish I could have used a bigger font to express the vastness of that last statement)
God has answered my prayers many times.  But there have been many times when I have wondered where he was. 
This past year has been one of the hardest years of my life. 
But today I sit here with a computer, inter-net and electricity.  I am thanful. 
There is food in my refrigerator.   I am thankful
I am thankful I have a place to live.
I have a car that runs.  I am thankful 
I am thankful for past friendships.  I am thankful that God put certain people in my path at certain times. 
I am thankful that God gave me a friend that prayed for me everyday during those difficult times this spring.  And emailed me.
I could go on and on but I know you don't need to read more of my list. 
I pray that today you have a list of thankfulness.  And, I pray that you see God answer a prayer. 

Don't forget to check out the book give a ways on the sidebar.  The drawing is Monday.  You can enter everyday.  Click on the book photo's.
Post a Comment