Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

An Ordinary Saturday

I love my Saturdays.  It wasn't until recently that I really, really
began to love and appreciate the ordinary, idleness of a Saturday
spent at home . . .

It wasn't until My Cowboy began working fulltime (on Saturdays) that I began to enjoy the quietness of the alone time. 

It didn't take me long to discover that Saturdays were becoming the one day of the week I could get up a little late.  Hang around in sweats and a t-shirt and sit at my sewing machine and create


I do have to get the laundry done.  But getting up and switching the loads from washer and dryer is a little exercise my old bones need.
If I sit too long at the machine I do get a little sore. 



But believe me without that distraction I would be sitting all day.
Have you noticed my Pinterest files of quilts I want to make. 
I love quilts.  I love playing with fabrics.  Choosing and sorting colors and textures.  And then seeing the finished product. 

Yes, I love my Saturdays. 

Praying your Saturday is filled with simple pleasures.

No comments: