Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So what do you think?

So I need your help!  I need your opinion. 
                         What do you think of . . .

I don't think we even got half way through before the 3 year finally didn't want to watch it anymore. 
We were so tired of watching Toy Story 2 (which we own) that we got 3 at the library. 
My 3 year old grandson surprised when in the beginning when the dog lays down I gigled and said "The dogs old!"  He responded and said "That's not funny." I was thinking 'Oh my gosh was he dead?'  I couldn't tell so I wondered 'Well does he die in the end?

His "That's not funny" comment was repeated over and over throughout the part of the movie we watched. 

I was personally disturbed when the group first gets to the day care and the kids are in my opinion 'wild' and destroy the toys. 

Did this disturb you?  Or is it just me. 

And maybe I am jumping the gun here because we didn't see it all the way through which we will do tonight or tomorrow. 

But I wanted to get some opinions. 

What did you think?   Did it bother your 3 year old?  Did it disturb you?  Am I stupid?

So how about a discussion?  Maybe not on the "Am I stupid?" guestion

3 comments:

Amydeanne said...

first of all you're not stupid; so don't go there! It's being discerning and an important job for any parent/grandparent to do! Honestly, we didn't mind it, but my kids are older (4-8 and the 4 year old has yet to actually sit through anything longer than 30minutes lol)- that being said Toy Story 3 was not my favorite movie and one that I don't particularly like - it has a bit too much adult humor in it for me, and I felt it was actually aimed at at adults who remember those toys than the kids.
so don't feel bad for not liking it!

Glad you're back! I gotta figure out how to do it from my phone.

From the Heart said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so glad my S.O.S was a blessing to you.

I read your post about Toy Story 3 but it's been a while since I saw it and don't remember all the details so I can't answer the questions you have. When you reach your 70's you (or rather me) tend to forget things. I can read a book or watch a movie and several months later reread the book again like it was new. That's okay, cuts down on cost of books (I really like to read or use to).

Blessings, AE

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I haven't seen it, but sometimes I think they put things way above kids' heads and more directed to adults on these animated movies! I say go with your gut feeling and don't bring it out again! Usually that feeling is right! If I see it, I'll let you know! I am kind of not happy with many movies these days!

Blessings,
Tammy