Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Foodie Friday After The Storm

 


Foodie Friday After The Storm

 Hello. I've missed a couple weeks. 


Tropical Storm Nicholas took out our power!  


38 hours! It was a mess. Our fridge and freezer were full! Sad.  


Odd thing was it was only a few areas. Our neighbor behind us had power! I could see her lights.  


Power is on now and fridge has food and we had some good meals this week . . .  


The beginning of the week I was still recuperating! And we had not gotten out to restock. 




I had been wanting to try a restaurant at The Yacht Marina. 


I wanted to go to see the boats. 


The Cowboy  wasn't feeling well we went to late . . . 

 

I got Chicken Tenders and fries. 

Mc Donald's is better. I ordered Onion Rings but they were out. I am sure I didn't miss anything though. 




The Cowboy did enjoy his Fish and Chips. I'll get the Fish next time. 


I usually try to start my post on Sunday or  Monday and get pictures
started.  Otherwise I forget when I cooked what . . . 


One day we had this very, very good Fettuccine Alfredo.  I must say it was the best I have ever made. 
And I winged it with no recipe. 

The Salad was o.k. a bag from Walmart.  Not really a keeper. 

The Cowboy complimented me on the presentation.  Since I was using the white Salad bowls I chose the Green plates from Pier One.  

I miss Pier one!  Do you?

I must have been on a roll this week with Pasta.  Best Spaghetti Same I have ever made!  Hmm.  I stared 1  can just cheap Spaghetti Sauce and 1 can Stewed Tomatoes.  I used all powders instead of fresh Garlic and Onion because I was put.  I did have fresh Basil.  I bought a plant in at the grocery store.   

Breakfast for Dinner Thursday night. 
On Monday I made Potato Soup. 
I cooked a bunch of Potatoes the night before. 
Sort of like Batch cooking. 
The Cowboy asked for Cheese on Sandwich.  Kind of weird I thought. 

Another really good meal.  A Hamburger Steak, Creamed Spinach and Mashed be Potatoes.   
I used to canned Spinach.  It turned out great!  

 
We tried a new Breakfast/Lunch place by the Cowboys doctor office. 

Eggs cooked just right. 
Potatoes perfect.
And best Biscuits on the Island! 
We saw a neighbor he's been eating there every week for 6 years! 
Look at those Pancakes
Crunchy Potatoes with Onion just how I ordered! 

One more plate.  Too white!  
But yummy.  A Kielbasa, Rice with Cream Gravy and Black Eye Peas. 

A fun week.  With some great food. 

Now to plan next week! 

Linking with the regular parties



























No comments: