Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Happy Homemaker in Texas


Welcome to another week of Happy Homemaker.  I join Sandra
over at Family Corner to share what's going on in my little world

Sandra provides the prompts...I add some of my own because I just do.  Some days when I am writing my posts thoughts, ideas and memories pop into my hear and I want to share them with you!

The weather
It was so nice the last two weeks.  We've gotten some real 
Winter weather now.  It rained off and on all night and today it is cold and . . . 

Outside my window today
I let the dogs out to a wet yard and came back in and sat down at 
the computer and looked out the window.  This is what I saw . . . 
Image result for snow flurries in texas
Well not really.  But I did see Big 'Ole Texas size snow flakes for all of about 2 minutes.  They were so pretty!  

On the breakfast plate
So breakfast wasn't so good.  I bought fresh blueberries.  We had pancakes yesterday that were just o.k.  And this morning I attempted muffins.  The problem was the recipe not me...well I may have left them in the oven too long but I followed that darn recipe. 
I normal use Betty Crocker's cookbook but I gave it to my daughter.   I used Better Homes and Gardens...it wasn't a keeper. 

Here's to Happy
                                        Image result for happy
I am intentionally remembering to be Happy.  Even when my muffins don't turn out.  I have a little glittery  Happy cut out that I got in Happy mail.  It sits on my desk. 

What I am wearing
The dogs were ready for outside and I knew it was wet.  I threw on black work pants and a tank. (and my coat) The Cowboy keeps the house well I'll just say I feel like it isn't Winter around here. 

On my reading pile
image1
I was so excited to get this in the mail yesterday!  I knew it was coming but it was a surprise to receive my Advance Copy.  It is a real print copy and I get to enjoy turning 'real' pages!

On the blogs
I am super excited that my Romance Book Tour is shaping up. 
Every author I invited has joined the tour.  I hope you'll stop in and check out some new books, author interviews and a few author giveaways!  
Love Is In The Air

On the menu
Sometimes a menu is simple to plan when your using last weeks!  
Soups and Stews seem to be working better for the time being.

Monday Leftover Chicken/Dumplings from Saturday (from last weeks roast chicken)
Tuesday Deer Camp Casserole fresh Veggie or Salad
Wednesday Potato Soup and Salad
Thursday Beef Stew and Fruit maybe a Salad
Friday  Leftover Potato Soup

Last weeks menu/what worked what didn't
Monday  Potato Soup, Cesar Salad, Fruit 
Pot Roast, Potatoes, and Carrots ✔
Tuesday  First attempt at No sodium Taco's 
Taco's from the Pot Roast...they were so good! 
Wednesday Fried Cod, Onion Rings, Cole Slaw and Fruit 
I was tired after cooking the fish just threw in some French Fries
Thursday Deer Camp Casserole, Fresh Green Beans 
Not sure what we had
Friday Oven Roast Chicken, Potato's and Carrots, Turnip Greens 
Had Mustard Greens they were so good.  I've never had them before!

In the green house
      
Seedlings in the green house...Broccoli, Celery, Kale and Romaine.
I was out of planting mix so had to use my flower pots.  They will be read to transplant soon.  About to go to Walmart and see if I can get some planting mix.  
The celery and Romaine is already for cutting!

My crafting space
Mild chaos.  Actually my blogging/computer space is clean and working o.k.  I am not happy with the printer on my work table but I do  not have anyplace else to put it.  
The sun has come out now.  It was so bright I had to close the blind!

What I am working on 
A junk journal from daily prompts from my group
Valentines tags/cards
Birthday cards
Re-arranging and organizing my space so it is easier to work in. 

A simple pleasure
Playing with paper and glue.  

From the camera
No photo description available.
Yesterday afternoon it was rainy and too wet outside so my daughter had make rainy day lessons.  

Scripture/devo. 


Have A Great Week

Joining Sandra
Click here Sandra's blog



  

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're getting a real treat with warm weather in January. It won't last but it's nice to have it for two days! Love blueberry muffins! Have a blessed Sunday!