Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

Happy Homemaker in Texas-Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Welcome back to a Monday version of 
Happy Homemaker in Texas
My computer was being Wacky on Saturday so today I am back to posting on Monday.
 I'll be linking with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather (Sandra's prompt)
It is lovely Fall weather.  Predicting highs in upper 60's and 70's 
a few days.  Yea.  It is a bit chilly in the mornings in the low 40's a few days.  But by the time I am coming home from work it is nice enough to drive with the windows down!

What I am wearing (Sandra's prompt)
It's a work day.  I am dressing in black pants (no pocket...I need pockets) a black long cami and a black and white  striped T.

On the breakfast plate (Sandra's prompt) 
A bowl of Store brand Cheerio's.  The dogs get oatmeal an egg poached in chicken broth and a little kibble

My 'Ta Da' momnet (my prompt)
Figured out there has been something wrong with comments 
on my blog.  I think I've fixed it.  I sure hope so.  I love seeing when you've come by.  Speak to me please!

This week's menu (Sandra's prompt)
Monday- The Cowboy's Birthday.  I am stopping at a Cajun 
place and picking up fried catfish with the fixin's. 
Peanut Butter cookies for dessert
Tuesday-Taco Night
Wednesday-Tuna Casserole-Green Peas and Bread
Thursday- Ground Beef cooked with cream gravy served on white bread (the Cowboy's family fav. ) Green Beans
Friday-Mexican Pot Roast, Borracho Beans and Potatoes with lots of flour tortilla's to soak up the gravy 

Last week's menu (my prompt)
This week I got two planned meals dones.  
We did have the steak and onion rings and it was soooo good!
Spaghetti was super too.  I have a new way I cook it and I love it.
Monday
Taco's, Beans and Guacamole Carrying over next week
Tuesday
Spaghetti, Salad, Bread ✔
Wednesday
Steak, Onion Rings, Broccoli Salad ✔
Thursday
Salmon, Green Beans, Baked Potato
Friday
Tuna Casserole, Green Peas, and bread  Carrying over next week 

In the crafting room (Sandra's and mine HeHe her's was The Craft basket.  A basket is too small HeHe)
This week I started the project I share last week.  Here's the result.

I am in 2 different SWAPs.  This is the first one I started the 
Snippet Roll has to measure 3" x 40" long wich is really, really long!  I am using Christmas fabric from my stash and lace and trims.  I'll have to go to Hobby Lobby for a few things to add on. 
The next one is easier I think 2" x 18".  
I hope I get them down in the next day or so. 

On My Reading Pile
Just got this one in the mail for the I Read Book Tour in January.

Plans for the week (Sandra's prompt)
Getting donations ready for a pick up
Finish current craft projects and tidy up room
Begin Christmas cards
Write more blog posts!

From the camera (Sandra's prompt)
Sharing another from the archives. I have been searching for a
blogging I lost track off and going through my old posts . . . 
Full moon enjoyed by a horse on the beach
Not mine but I thought it was just gorgeous.  For a time I ended each post with a horse photo and the caption "Happy Trails". 
I Hope Your Trails Are Happy This Week!

Scripture/Devo (Sandra's prompt)
Image may contain: text


Stop in and visit Sandra.  Click here



4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy Birthday to Cowboy! His birthday dinner sounds delicious!

Luludou said...

That horse picture is awesome! Happy birthday to cowboy - and have a great week

Carol said...

Since I live on a farm and ride horses, I must say that is one of the prettiest horse pictures I have even seen.

Jean said...

Hope the cowboy had a happy birthday! I smiled at your needing pockets comment. Whenever I work, I make sure to wear pants with pockets as preschool kids are always handing me things outside. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start.