Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

5 Minute Friday--Listen

It's a hard topic for me to write about. 

There are thoughts that come to mind.  You might be thinking . . .
I wish my children would listen!  Or maybe you smile because you remember yourself saying . . .  Will you listen to me? These are words I know I've spoken to children, teenagers and sadly to say now adults.  I remember the days when they were young elementary school and pre-school days. 

My son was the hardest.  He was easily distracted and his mind was three, four, twenty thoughts ahead of where you were.  I remember saying Are you listening?  and then I would say What did I just say? and most times he got about 1/4 of it.  I learned with him I had to say what I wanted to express in as few words as possible. 

So, why can't I do that with his dad?  I am a talker.  You can probably tell if your a visitor to this blog.  I write like I talk. A lot.
I write because I want someone to listen. 

And I wonder . . . Did you listen? Do you hear what I am saying?
 Flowers

Joining Lisa JoClick Here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, sometimes when I talk to my family it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall. :) I think we all want to be heard and sometimes that's different from someone just listening. I hear you. Your voice matters!

Christy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com

Denise said...

I am listening my friend, love you.