Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Book Entry

FOR TODAY January 18th ... from Sherry's Daybook
Outside my window... the sun is up and it offers a beautiful day today
I am thinking... I am excited I am about to finish my mothers lap quilt
I am thankful for... God allows me to serve him!
I am wearing... light blue sweat pants with a pocket and a henley with socks I found under my bed slippers and my robe because it is cold. About the socks I have a habit of wearing them to bed then pushing them off when I get to hot. LOL.
I am remembering... Fun times when the kids were growing up
I am going... to stay home as much as I can this week. Baby will only be here today.
I am currently reading... nothing waiting on my next book to review. BTW I have two just finished and will be posting reviews and offer give a ways.
I am hoping... that we get the cable paid today. Cowboy has to go sell our bicycles today to pay it .
On my mind... Moving furniture and praying Cowboy goes along with my plan and My Home Sanctuary (my other blog) and making my home a sanctuary
Noticing that... I am feeling old and tired and my body hurts. I hope it is only the cold.
Pondering these words... "Such a tiny offering compared to Calvary ...never the less we lay them at your feet. " lyrics from Emanuel God with Us by Mercy Me.
From the kitchen... for tonight last of the left over ham and boxed potatoes
Around the house...cleaning and organizing to prepare to switch the family room to my sewing room my sewing room to Cowboys room and combining Cowboys room into family room. Which I am tired to think of doing this anyway which will make the living room a really formal room instead of the t.v. room. If you didn't get all that I'll post photo's.
One of my favorite things....being able to sew. Which hopefully I'll still be able to do during the moving.
From my picture journal...



A quilt on my design wall that I hope to finish soon. I only have a couple of trees left to applique and then add borders. It probably won't get quilted for a few more months because I want to practise on some other things but hopefully by fall it will be hanging.

Thanks for visiting this morning and go over to Peggy's for more Day Book posts.

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, that is a lot of moving and rearranging. can't wait to see the finished product.
Being able to review books, must be a great thing. I mean, we're going to read anyway, so, why not. I hope I can remember to come back for those give aways.
I enjoyed my visit here. I think it might have been the first.
Mama Bear

Jocelyn said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

How lovely that the sun is shining and how pretty your quilt is! I enjoyed reading about your day ... and shared mine for the first time this week.
Hugs and blessings,

Denise said...

Enjoyed your daybook.