Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday Supper-A Search for the Best Chicken Pot Pie

Welcome to Sunday Supper
Image result for Sunday supper
We. The Cowboy and I have been talking about 
Chicken Pot Pie
A simple pot pie and a salad sounds like a great Sunday Supper.
But
I don't have a good recipe.  I have a couple that are o.k. but I just 
want more.  So . . . 
                 
    I am on a search for the Best!
Your best.  Your mom's best. Or maybe your grandmothers best.  
Mini Chicken Pot Pie recipe #chickenpotpie #partyfood  Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe chicken-pot-pie-recipe
Chicken Pot Pie.   Yummy!  
You see I don't have a good recipe.  I have searched and just don't know which one to try. 
So, I am calling on you to help!  

The other day I ate this . . .  
Swanson's frozen Chicken Pot Pies. Who else thought they were a special treat for when Mommy and Daddy were out?  (1957)  Call me weird but.  I love Swansons Turkey pot pie.  My Cowboy cracked up when we were shopping on Saturday.  We went across town to a Mexican market.  Which we love btw...but that's another post. And what did I find but Swanson. I was jumping up and down and running over and saying 
"Look what I found" (their not at any market around our house...and I don't like Morton. Ick!) 
I bought two.  I ate one yesterday. 

And, just in case you don't have a good recipe yet!  They were only 69 cents.  

Now I wonder if I can actually beat that price by making my own.  But, by making my own with the best recipe ever I can probably have much healthier ingredients.  
Ingredients for chicken pot pie So weather your recipe calls for fresh, frozen or canned veggies.  I wannna try it! 

Don't have a recipe well search Pinterest for ideas.  I did!
Easter Bunny Chicken Pot Pie  Ingredients  1 lb. bag of frozen cubed chicken, thawed  1 cup chopped cooked carrots  1/2 cup frozen petit green peas, with a 8 set aside  1/2 cup sliced celery (optional)  1/3 cup butter  1/3 cup chopped onion  1/3 cup all-purpose flour  1/2 teaspoon salt  1/4 teaspoon black pepper  1/4 teaspoon celery seed  1 can of chicken broth  2/3 cup milk  3 (9 inch) unbaked Pillsbury pie crusts. Decorate with green onion, carrots, & peas!  Seriously Cute! I would love to make these for my grandson.   But he wouldn't eat it.  Well now maybe I could put Mac & Cheese in them!  Now that's a great idea!

Whether your crust is flakey.  Whether your crust is homemade or store bought.  I wanna try it!
  The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie Recipe | Key Ingredient

Help me find the best. 

What's in it for you?  Nothing but braggin' rights.  And, a post here. And maybe a little traffic for ya too! 
I'll be posting or reposting all your recipes.   So write a post and lure me over and tell me about it.  You might already have a post. Leave me a comment and the link.  
All recipes I try will appear here. Look on the side bar for the photo and a link to all recipes. 

So get your brag on and join me and help me out!
Image result for Sunday supper
And now I am have to have my Sunday Supper of Ham (found on sale at Aldi), Spinach Egg Noodle Pasta from Aldi too and a Salad.  I love spring.  

Before I go I want to wish you all a wonderfully Blessed Easter.  I will be back  posting all week and back next Sunday for Supper. 


            Joinin' a few linkys today to spread the word.  I want your recipe!



Rhett Butler 2009-2013
I love you!

No comments: